The Business Director for Perioperative Services is responsible for the administrative perioperative activities. Directs, coordinates, and serves as the administrative liaison for perioperative activities, projects and programs. Works closely with clinical and medical staff regarding perioperative programs and related patient care services, including the management of supplies, equipment, supportive services, technology and equipment, revenue generation, establishment of and reimbursement for charges, patient safety, and all other related administrative matters. Coordinates staffing requirements and other resources to meet patient care demands. Monitors and controls department inventory, purchases and expenditures. Performs other technical/administrative functions in conjunction with the Associate Hospital Director / Medical Director.
- Extensive Perioperative Management experience including supervisory experience at a Director level in Perioperative Services in an academic setting.
- A Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 10 years experience; or a MBA or related degree with a minimum of 4 years experience in managing in a health care related program or service area. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational, analytical, communication, and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable health care legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills of interpersonal relations, group dynamics, problem solving, interviewing, observation of staff, counseling, and teaching.
- Ability to evaluate, supervise and relate to the diversity of the Perioperative Services staff. Surgical Services experience a plus.
Job ID 11163
Bring your BEST.
Temple University Hospital brings the best together.
From nationally recognized physicians, sophisticated services and the most advanced research to world-class teams that challenge you to be your best, our academic medical center is second to none. Here, in the city's premier setting for achieving goals - and realizing new ones - you'll connect with patients and their families at a whole new level.
Are you looking for a modern hospital that is as collegial as it is inspiring? Is patient care your passion? Do you bring your best every day you come to work? Then join Temple. Your best is yet to come.
Temple University Health Sys.
Bring your BEST.
Temple University Health System brings the best together.
From the resources you'll find in our sophisticated locations to the first-rate teams who make our neighbors feel welcomed and cared for, a career with Temple is second to none. Here, being your best is about more than reaching your goals. It's about reaching out. Connecting with patients. And treating them as you would your own family.
Are you world-class? Positive? Do you bring your best every day you come to work? Then join Temple. Your best is yet to come.
Temple University Health System - 23 months ago