The Business Intelligence Developer will work as part of the Business Intelligence team responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing growth of the company’s data warehouse and Business Intelligence capabilities. Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Business Intelligence, this position will work closely with business partners and project teams on design, development, and deployment of Business Intelligence applications.
• The position will report to the Senior Manager of Business Intelligence.
• The position will help design and develop business intelligence solutions that support reporting, analysis and visualization requirements.
• The position will work with SQL (Structured Query Language), develop and tune database applications.
• The position will design, develop and support ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Load) to support data integration needs.
• The position will design, develop and support operational and analytical reports for end users using BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio) and COGNOS TM1.
• The position will help perform administrative task(s) on the BI and ETL tools.
• The position will help support the COGNOS TM1 BI application.
• The position will work closely with project teams and IT teams.
• The position will work as part of a team environment as well as working independently with minimal supervision.
Essential Functions of the Job (% of Time):
• Design, develop and support of operational and analytical reports for end users (50%).
• Design, develop and support the company’s ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Load) processes (20%).
• Other responsibilities. (30%)
o Tests and validates new data and reports delivered in the analytic environment.
o Support SSRS, SSIS packages, SQL Agent Jobs, stored procedures.
o Support the COGNOS TM1 application.
o Design, develop and support dashboards and portals
Yearly performance appraisals will include, but are not limited to the review of the following areas. Other areas may be included / added as business needs warrant.
Key Characteristics for Success:
• Eagerness to learn and grow. The ability and desire to learn new tools and technologies.
• Adept at explaining the status of issues, communicating the status of ongoing issues to a manager and recognizing priorities & escalating issues effectively.
• Collaboration and teamwork skills. The ability to interact successfully with all areas of the organization.
• Personal accountability, initiative and motivation in achieving personal and project goals.
• Self-motivated. Manages time effectively and good interpersonal skills.
• Balance creativity and innovation against practical and cost effective approaches.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or technically related degree. Will consider significant relevant experience in lieu of degree.
• 3+ years Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing work experience.
• Experience in SQL (complex queries, stored procedures and triggers) writing and performance tuning in the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2012 environment.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server component services (e.g. SSIS, SSRS).
• Experience with OLAP Business Intelligence solutions.
• Hands on IBM COGNOS TM1 experience.
• Experience with BI tools in an ERP environment (i.e. SAP, Oracle, Qliktech)
• Understanding of data warehouse best practices and methodologies.
• Experience with MDX query language is a plus.
• Experience working in a wholesale distribution environment.
• Full life cycle development.
The Grocers Supply Co., Inc. - 13 months ago