The position of BI (Business Intelligence) Specialist III will exist within the TMHRI Research Technology Development team, and support an enterprise wide business intelligence framework that will provide the organization with the appropriate tools and knowledge to optimize effective evidence-based decision-making. Engage users as a developer to design, prototype, and develop solutions using tools such as Microsoft Analysis Services, DTS, SQL, VBA, C#, ASP.Net, Access, Excel and OBIEE. Pursue and implement innovative approaches to data collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation in order to support planning and decision-making at all levels of the organization and assist in managing data as a corporate strategic resource.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support operational and strategic decisions through the collection, analysis, interpretation and communication of information to key decision-makers.
2. Engage with customers to assess and address needs within the scope of approved development methodologies.
3. Mentor other team members with one on one training when necessary.
4. Implement and maintain automated and integrated methodologies for data collection, retrieval presentation, analysis and interpretation.
5. Assess the information needs of the customer and develop ad-hoc and production reports to meet those needs.
6. Maintain the quality and integrity of data collected for decision making and work with the other areas of the organization to ensure consistent reporting of information. Analyzes and makes recommendations for improved data quality.
7. Participates in process improvement teams and committees charged with improving systems and processes by offering analytic skills and knowledge of available data. Can assist in design and creation of data collection and reporting tools.
8. Provides user education of business intelligence applications and helps ensure access to data with the goal of reduced reliance, over time, on technical specialists in order to obtain data.
9. Ensures all reported data and information are accurate, consistent, relevant and timely.
10. Installs, configures, and deploys BI / BI tools.
11. Troubleshoots BI / BI tool problems and tunes for performance
12. Develops semantic layer or BI / BI objects for end users.
13. Creates reports, report templates, and analytic environments as is necessary to satisfy requirements.
14. Develops BI / BI tool training and documentation.
15. From time to time, may be required to take a technical lead role, directing the efforts of 1 or more BI team members.
16. Demonstrates good assessment in professional decision making.
17. Participates in coordination activities for implementation of new or customized software and reports through system testing, integration, deployment to production, and support.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
' Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, or related discipline with an information technology focus required.
' 4 - 8 years general BI / decision support / business intelligence / data warehousing experience.
' 4+ years general healthcare experience from a hospital environment a plus.
' 2+ years development experience in environments with tools such as Microsoft Analysis Services, SQL, SSRS, VBA, C#, ASP.Net, OBIEE or equivalent technologies.
' Database experience using SQL Server and Oracle.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
' Strong Decision Support / Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing systems & architecture experience in 'real world', practical, successful implementations.
' Knowledge of ETL, Integration Technologies, Data Marts, OLAP Tools, Reporting Analytics (i.e. SSRS & OBIEE)
' Ability to evaluate, prioritize and problem solve a variety and multiplicity of tasks and ensure their timely and accurate completion.
' General knowledge of business operations and Clinical research operations desired.
' Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative in areas of responsibility.
' Excellent analytical, organization, prioritization and oral/written communication skills.
' Knowledge and appreciation of business concepts and requirements as applicable to a large academic, research, and/or healthcare facility.
' Ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT and clients, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to.
' Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels.
' Understands BI tool architecture, functions, and features.
' Understands SQL and relational and multi-dimensional database structures and schemas.
' Understands Oracle and the OBIEE reporting tools.
' Advanced knowledge of stored procedures for SQL, Oracle environments.
' Understands the business questions prompted by non-technical users.
' Capable of translating user requirements into reports or analytical solutions.
' Ability to customize BI \ BI tools to meet users needs.
' Strong problem-solving and metadata skills.
See attached checklist
- 3 years ago - save job