Position Summary: The Business Process Engineer (BPE) will be responsible for identifying and implementing DA Supply Chain business process improvements utilizing knowledge of internal business operations and external best practices. They will be a solid contributor on cross – functional projects and will lead smaller projects that only involve one or two departments. This position develops and implements new processes by:
• Collaborating with business owners to identify, measure, analyze, document, improve and design processes
• Conducting workload analysis enabling business units to effectively manage headcount
• Providing process documentation to the talent development team
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate on cross functional supply chain projects utilizing standard engineering methodologies and tools to develop and implement effective and efficient supply chain solutions
• Conduct process reviews, develop and maintain detailed documentation both to identify and drive business process improvements and to measure the impact of any potential operational changes.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to design and implement business process improvements, resulting in less rework, reduced error rates, and overall cost reductions.
• Negotiate, persuade, and gain consensus from cross-functional teams and business areas impacted by process implementations.
• Apply process analysis techniques to determine the implications of technology to the current and future business needs.
• Monitor and analyze operational KPI’s, investigate trends and anomalies with the operation to identify root causes, process improvements and cost savings opportunities
• Provides input in the development of team goals
• 3 years of experience in
o working with re-engineering processes, business processing models (BPM), Process Design, Requirements Management , Project Management or other change management methodologies
o or supply chain
• Experience as a project team member
• Knowledge/experience in multiple areas within Supply Chain
• Process engineering experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Mathematics
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent organizational, leadership, decision making and communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Familiarity with or ability to learn process engineering methodologies and tools such as: affinity diagrams, Pareto analysis, control limits, and Voice of the Customer (VOC), DMAIC, Kaizen/Rapid Improvement Events
• Expert at PowerPoint and data analysis tools
• Ability to learn process mapping tools such as Visio
• Negotiation, influence and persuasion skills
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and lead change
• Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
• Demonstrated ability to develop and teach others
• Able to communicate technical information to the business in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to visualize alternative processes and think conceptually
• Self-directed with a high level of initiative
• Continuous sitting, phone and computer use
• Occasional travel required - approximately 10%
Enter Duties and Responsibilities
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...