We have an immediate need for a Business Service Technician. The Business Service Technician installs and maintains all regulated and non-regulated services and equipment offered by CenturyLink including but not limited to: key systems, PBX, voicemail, Centrex, MPLS as well as other data and high-speed Internet services to business customers.
The selection process is governed by the local collective bargaining agreement.
Job post date: January 17, 2013
Job removal date: February 16, 2013
- Install, maintain and relocate all types of systems and services, including but not limited to Key, PBX, Voice Mail, Mitel, Avaya IP, ShoreTel, E911, VOIP and Centrex services.
- Test and repair all systems and services using the proper test equipment.
- Work closely with customers and Sales Department to ensure proper installation and maintenance.
- Install and maintain data services and all associated equipment.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of all types of systems offered.
- Responsible for all repair and returns of associated Key and PBX equipment.
- Trains and instructs customers on their new systems and services.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of all types of systems that are products of CenturyLink.
- Actively participate in and support all marketing activities, especially the business referral program.
- Designs system configurations, software and hardware, for customer and provides this information to team counterpart for pricing and administration.
- Key/PBX spare parts inventory custodian. Orders all equipment, generates material requisitions, repair/return, DESMARS, material received reports.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of networks and integration with customer telephony systems.
- Experience with VoIP technology.
- Must be able to perform copper troubleshooting.
- Above average written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to respond to afterhours callouts, be on standby and work overtime as a condition of employment.
- Heavy lifting as required, lift minimum of 75 lbs.
- Working aloft as required.
- Experience interacting with customers and performing in sales incentive programs.
- Must have the capability to distinguish colors on facilities.
- Must know the telephone industry color code.
- Must possess a valid driver¿s license, be able to operate company vehicles and maintain a safe driving record.
- Ability to maintain an excellent attendance, work, and Safety record.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in the following areas: Installation and maintenance of KEY, PBX and VoIP systems, Specifically Nortel/Avaya, Cisco, Mitel, ShoreTel product lines, Installation and maintenance of DSL and Internet service, Installation and maintenance of access lines
- Minimum 2 years experience with personal computers and computer networking applications.
- Ability to use laptop PC for troubleshooting systems and maintaining customer record files and critical administrative needs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certifications for PBX, VoIP, key system and data CPE for installation and maintenance and for other required certifications for new and emerging technologies.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 23 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...