We are currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst II to consult with Research Institute leads and analyze issues to generate solutions. With experience in business, healthcare and technology projects, the candidate who fills this position will be actively involved in developing and advancing Methodist's best practices and tools for research administration.
The Business Analyst II is responsible for analysis, configuration, testing, and support for Research Institute application system upgrades, new releases, and optimization implementations. This position requires critical thinking, attention to detail, and effective communication skills. The position requires the person to have the ability to work collaboratively with teams and take a lead role to perform the duties of liaison between Research Technology developers and business owners. The Business Analyst II must be versatile and be able to communicate effectively in front of a group when providing training and education. The position requires experience and knowledge of business systems; clinical trial management or research administration systems preferred.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide technical assistance to staff subordinates and often performs as a team leader
2. Manage and coordinate IT activities during the lifecycle of multiple applications, primarily web-based
3. Assist with developing and documenting business case/scope/plan, business/functional requirements
4. Question proposed technical solution logic as well as facilitate discussions between the various technical groups, i.e. developers, DBAs, network services, etc
5. Develop detailed system test plans, execute system test cases and provide issue tracking and consolidation
6. Manage a coordinated User Acceptance Test (UAT) effort
7. Act as liaison between the customer and the technical team, making teamwork and collaborative skills essential. Identify and validate business objectives, and generate solutions that align with Methodist's technology strategy and standards.
8. Perform business analysis and document business requirements using easy to understand tools and methodologies
9. Document requirements as appropriate including specifications for package solutions, and development specifications and design for an agile software development environment.
10. Develop and recommend solutions based on business analysis.
11. Functions in a lead role, as changes and upgrades are implemented, to coordinate testing and auditing of the process with Information Technology, working out issues with customers and vendor, making changes and corrections as needed, and coordinating communication of changes to customers.
12. Practices good time management, good assessment in professional decision-making, and management reporting skills.
13. Communicates (oral and written) effectively with customers, vendors, colleagues, and management about services, contact information, system availability, and information to sustain a high level of knowledge in the user community.
14. Demonstrates skills and ability to take a lead role in working with software vendor to communicate issues and work on resolutions.
15. Demonstrates and supports the Methodist vision, mission and value statement.
16. Demonstrates and supports the Methodist customer service standards.
17. Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline
Minimum of 5 years experience in healthcare or similar work environment with a college degree.
Must have at least 4-6 years experience in Business Systems Analysis, requirement gathering and documentation as well as strong Project Management technical Skills
Extensive PC software skills and experience; including Microsoft Word/Excel/Access/ Project, and other database management and reporting software
Requires superior documentation expertise including experience creating Project Scope, Business Requirements, Functional and Non-Functional Requirements, Workflows, etc
Background in business process analysis, system requirements, as well as data modeling and detailed functional design
' Background in system test planning and execution (UAT)
' Advanced analytical thinking and creative problem solving, (ability to define multiple approaches to business problems, exposure to business process re-engineering)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Technical certificates, licenses and registrations are considered with experience.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with attention to details.
2. Must be able to take a lead role to analyze data to identify opportunities for improvement.
3. Demonstrates expert knowledge in working with integration and interfaces to other systems.
4. Strong analytical problem-solving skills, analysis and design skills, communication and documentation skills, and strong customer service skills.
5. Must have expert computer skills in working with office applications such as word processing and spreadsheet applications.
6. Must have organizational skills with special attention on details and be able to work independently.
7. Must demonstrate ability to provide guidance to junior staff.
8. Demonstrable proficiency in simultaneously managing multiple priorities and assignments.
9. Demonstrates ability to utilize personal computers and standard office equipment.
10. Demonstrates proficiency to maintain expert knowledge about the system through participation in vendor classes, vendor client conferences, and working with vendor support.
11. Demonstrates proficiency in maintaining operational procedures to ensure data integrity and maximum system availability.
12. Demonstrates proficiency in documenting application specific support information (e.g. developing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), daily procedures, etc.) and maintaining the information on the Intranet.
See attached physical requirement checklist.
Normal office environment. Must be flexible and able to work any hours as requested with some overtime. Must report to work in proper attire with TMH Photo ID. Must provide own transportation, may be required to travel between hospital campuses and offsite. On-call rotation mandatory.
- 2 years ago - save job