The Restaurant Busperson will assist server in providing quality food and beverage service to guests courteously and efficiently. He/she will maintain cleanliness of tables, service areas and equipment. This position will stock all wares and equipment needed for service.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation and proper table set ups.
- Maintain knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations.
- Complete opening side duties: a) Check station assignments and complete work to be done. b) Transport supplies from storeroom to the Restaurant as assigned. c) Set up trash receptacles and breakdown area following departmental specifications. d) Stock condiments and supplies as laid down in departmental standards. e) Set up bread station as laid down in departmental standards. f) Prepare beverage stations as assigned as laid down in departmental standards. g) Retrieve clean linen from Laundry and stock in restaurants. h) Fold napkins as required. i) Stock and polish all side station wares to the stated levels required for business. j) Set tables to restaurant standards. k) Attend Pre-Meal meeting. Serve water to all guests . Serve bread and butter .
- Assist in serving coffee, tea and other designated non-alcoholic beverages. Remove soiled wares and other items from tables as assigned.
- Transport tray from restaurant to breakdown area; and separate wares and food.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of assigned tables. Place additional utensils and wares on tables as directed. Maintain wine buckets.
- Change soiled ashtrays.
- Refill non-alcoholic beverages according to procedures.
- Clean and reset tables immediately after guest departs Lift trays Breakdown trays.
- Replenish wares in side stations throughout shift.
- Clean beverage equipment as assigned.
- Complete closing duties as assigned: a) Properly store all reusable goods. b) Breakdown all food stations. c) Breakdown all beverage stations. d) Restock items for next service. e) Transport all dirty linen to Laundry. f) Secure all supplies at shift end.
- Leave duty after reporting to supervisor.
- Report hotel maintenance needs to Manager/Supervisor.
Education & Experience: Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages (if applicable). Good understanding of the English language. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor. Compute basic arithmetic. Ability to: Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy. Prioritize, organize and follow up. Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment. Follow directions thoroughly. Ability to multitask in high volume restaurant environment. Understand guest's service needs. Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team. Work with minimal supervision. Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate. Previous experience in a similar position. Previous training in sanitation. Previous guest relations training.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts
- 2 years ago - save job