Adecco Engineering and Technical, a division of the world leader in the recruitment of engineering and information technology professionals, has an immediate opening for a contract type job opportunity with a leading company in Santa Clara, CA.
A leader in semiconductor has a Buyer position.
* Forecasts and communicates engineering, materials and manufacturing requirements to suppliers.
* Provides input to outsourcing decisions by performing make / buy analysis.
* Coordinates demand signals through MRP to minimize inventory exposure.
* Participates in Materials Core Team and coordinates product development process deliverables with team members (buyers, planners, production control).
* Creates, releases, and updates new project materials strategy.
* Utilizes the preferred supplier selection and assessment process when selecting suppliers. Completes supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts suppliers. Monitors supplier performance (delivery, quality, and cost).
* Participates in commercialization (transition) materials plan.
* Participates in the material change control process.
* Works with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements.
* Assists in developing supplier and commodity road maps to engineering.
* Meets cost objectives and resolves quality issues.
* Generates and publishes Key Process Indicators (KPI).
* Establishes and tracks cost targets.
* Utilizes value analysis on build-to-print components in support of Should Analysis.
* Requires understanding of material science concepts and techniques, cost analysis, competitive analysis, cost avoidance and reduction.
* General knowledge of engineering processes and procedures.
* Requires strong skills in problem solving, written and verbal communication, global business perspective, personal effectiveness, project management, team skills, and quality.
* Requires proficiency in Lotus Notes, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDM and End Item MPS Workbench.
* Requires a B.S. level degree or equivalent in business, purchasing, materials, distribution, supply chain management, or related discipline, and 4+ years related experience in a materials or manufacturing environment, or equivalent.
* 5+ years related experience, to include 2-3 years experience in supply chain planning or outsourcing, with previous experience in project management.
If you are interested in this opportunity or other opportunities available through Adecco Engineering and Technical, please apply online or email directly to email@example.com.
The Adecco Group is a Fortune Global 500 company and the global leader in HR services. Our group connects over 700,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 6,600 offices in over 70 countries and territories around the world. We offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Contact us today to discuss available contract and direct hire positions. Adecco Engineering and Technical offers benefits including Holiday, 401(k), Insurance Benefit Plans and Anniversary Bonus opportunities. Adecco Engineering and Technical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Adecco - 15 months ago
At Adecco, we work for you.
Adecco is the world’s largest provider of staffing solutions. But it’s not our size that makes...