Experienced Backup & Recovery Engineer. Candidates with deep EMC SAN, NetBackup and Data Domain experience interested in leveraging their engineering, information architecture and daily operations expertise in a comprehensive, hands-on technical role as a Senior Engineer are strongly encouraged to apply. This role will focus upon assessing the current state, then delivering solutions and services which will augment a client organization’s existing storage, backup, infrastructure and management resources. The services delivered are designed to improve overall service delivery, reduce operational costs, and mitigate operational risks.
Specific Responsibilities Will Include:
- Thoroughly assess and document current state of our Backup and Storage environment.
- Implement backup technologies and manage backup environments with Symantec NetBackup and Data Domain
- Develop customized solutions that address specific needs; successfully manage and/or deliver engagements
- Develop in-depth understanding of a client's business requirements, along with client's current data storage environment; assess and make recommendations
- Document best practices, methodologies, and cost models
- Evaluate and architect storage operations, policies, and procedures to drive strategic storage, SAN, and backup initiatives
- Work with the Disaster Recover team to develop solid plans for the recovery of data at a hot site.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with a “can do” attitude capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
- Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible.
- Coordinate and lead projects through all phases of design and implementation.
- Own Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management for Hospira’s Storage and Backup environment.
- Actively participate in daily operations escalations.
- Justify expenditures through business cases, and ROI/TCO calculations.
Experience, Skills, Educational Requirements:
What We Are Proud Of
- A minimum of 8+ years of direct experience designing, implementing and managing backup environments with Symantec NetBackup and Data Domain.
- A minimum of 8+ years of direct experience design, implementing and manage storage environments including demonstrable hands on experience with EMC VMAX and EMC VNX SANs.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting NetBackup issues and problems with Windows, VMware, Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Linux, Oracle database, and SQL Server database backups.
- Extensive experience optimizing NetBackup to insure all backups are completed within a specified time window
- Ability to use various NetBackup command line options and develop scripts to further analyze backup results
- Ability to document storage and backup best practices, methodologies, and cost models
- Solid Solaris, Linux, Windows, and basic networking skills
- Previous experience as backup administrator.
- Previous experience completing technical assessments and providing effective recommendations.
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users.
- Develops, documents, and enforces the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of the Operating Systems, Active Directory, and related database systems.
- A thorough understanding of infrastructure architecture governance. Experience in managing such governance in an outsourced engagement is a plus.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Desired experience working in a regulated healthcare environment.
Discover a new kind of career with a new kind of industry leader. Discover Hospira, a specialty pharmaceutical and medication delivery company driven to improve the safety and effectiveness of patient care for millions worldwide. Our story is one of integrity, entrepreneurial spirit, agility, and accountability. It has developed over 70 years defined by rich discoveries, progressive energy, and market-leading positions. Connected by our vision of Advancing Wellness™ through the right people and the right products, each of our more than 14,000 employees worldwide is a vital contributor to our success
Why It’s a Great Place
Employees are offered an agile yet balanced work atmosphere, incentive compensation and the benefits that you'd expect from an industry leader.
Annual bonus potential
Consumer-directed medical plan options – Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options that allow you the maximum flexibility in managing your health and health care spending
Extensive preventive care benefits covered at 100%
Dental /Vision plan
Flexible spending accounts – health care and dependent care
Paid vacation and holidays
Life insurance, short/long-term disability, AD&D
Optional long-term care insurance
Adoption assistance/Employee Assistance Program and work/life benefits
Generously matched 401(k) retirement savings plan including immediate vesting, numerous investment alternatives and loan provisions
Hospira - 16 months ago
Hospira helps hospitals heal the hurting. The company makes specialty injectable pharmaceuticals (primarily generics) including...