With a focus on providing customers with quality baked goods, Bashas’ bakers are true “scratch bakers”, producing baked goods and other related products in an efficient manner with a strong focus on product quality and freshness.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Mixing, weighing, proofing, baking, frying, decorating, finishing and merchandising quality bakery products using Bashas’ recipes.
- Loading and unloading the oven, knowing the proper temperatures and duration to bake all varieties of product,
- Scaling cakes and cupcakes, ice sweet rolls, breads and cookies, etc.
- Assisting in the ordering and receiving of bakery products and supplies.
- Controlling product inventory and out of stocks, shrink and supplies.
- Using scale printer machine, ensuring weights and pricing are correct.
- Understanding the importance and the monitoring of product pricing, signage, and placement as well as the use of product shelf tags and shelf signage.
- Keeping a clean, neat and orderly bench, production area, storage area, and walk-in coolers and freezers.
- Helping in the wrapping, boxing, weighing, slicing, finishing, and stocking bakery department products, rotating them as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
- Displaying goods following bakery department and/or merchandising guidelines.
- Helping decorators with personalization of cakes and icing of cakes, donuts, sweet rolls and etc.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Consistently produce quality bakery items including, cakes, donuts, breads, pastries and pies.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Use all necessary bakery equipment including: ovens, proofers, fryers, sheeters, rounders, scales and mixers.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to use necessary bakery equipment.
- Learn to use register, scales, scanners and debit/credit terminals.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Openly and professionally communicate through body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Follow all bakery department food safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Break down pallets of merchandise, lifting and maneuvering at least 50 lbs.
- Work late night and early morning shifts.
- Work in walk-in coolers and freezers and constantly around hot ovens and fryers.
- Work with bakery ingredients including various flours, spices, nuts, flavorings and oils.
- A desire to greet, engage with and sincerely thank the customer.
- An outstanding work ethic and a desire to constantly improve one’s work performance.
- Ability to work well with others, helping to support each team member’s effort to succeed.
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to new jobs, schedules, team members, programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to think through one’s decisions, solving problems and coming up with solutions.
- An artistic flair and a true love of baking.
Bashas' Supermarkets - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard