Founded in 1963, Dante’s Restaurants is one of the most unique multi-concept restaurant companies in the State College, Pennsylvania area. Since our founding, we have grown our establishments to include Hi-Way Pizza, The Deli Restaurant and Z Bar, Mario’s Italian Restaurant, Inferno Brick Oven & Bar, bar bleu, The Saloon and The Hopshop Beer Market. At each of our establishments, we want the experience of dining out to be more than just eating. The mood, music, lighting, seating — when paired with fresh, local and homemade cuisine, dining out at a Dante’s Restaurant becomes entertainment for all. We hire only the best and the brightest people with a blend of skills, experiences and passion to take our restaurants to new heights and create the dining experience our guests come to expect.
We are presently looking to hire an experienced part-time Bread Baker for our Commissary location. The successful candidate will be responsible for daily overnight preparation of our dough’s and freshly baked breads used in all of restaurant locations. Our bakers are responsible for ensuring the consistency of our products, both in quality and appearance, through careful preparation. We also expect that our bakers will maintain vigilant compliance with quality standards and kitchen rules to include maintenance of clean and sanitary work areas including tables, shelves, floors, walls, containers, and equipment. This is an overnight/nightshift position.
With almost 50 years in the hospitality industry, our success can be attributed to a commitment to the basics—great food and great service. Running restaurants well, with an attention to detail combined with creative concepts has enabled Dante’s to continue to grow. And as Andy our founder, would say “And a lot of hard work.”
- Must have at least three (3) years of bread baking experience, in a professional environment
- Practical experience in a culinary program, specifically with baking will also be considered
- Ability to consistently read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products prepared
- Handle, store, label, and rotate all products properly
- Prepare and follow a daily prep list
- Maintain sufficient levels of product and supplies needed
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 55 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Closes the bakery properly at the end of each shift
Come join the Dante’s team today!
Dante's Restaurants, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job