Our Bakers prepare desserts and baked goods according to recipe and standards.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
• Prepare desserts and baked goods according to recipes and standards.
• Check production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake.
• Roll, cut, and shape dough to form rolls, pie crusts, tarts, cookies, and related products.
• Observe products while cooking and adjust controls.
• Mix icings and other toppings and decorate cakes, pastries, and other baked goods.
• Use a variety of kitchen tools, including electric mixers, pans, rolling pins, and cutting tools.
• Research/develop new recipes.
• Must be able to prioritize and plan production to maximize efficiency.
• Maintain a clean and sanitary environment in compliance with all local and state health codes.
• Prepare all items according to set standards.
• Keeps abreast of techniques, preparations, ingredients and any other topics related to the area of desserts in the culinary industry.
•High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
• Culinary degree or certification highly preferred.
• Three years of previous baking experience in a high volume hotel, conference center or resort.
• Working knowledge of all measuring devices, mixing strategies, and equipment associated with preparing such items as pastries, breads, sweets, ice cream, fillings, and toppings.
• Must either possess or obtain a valid food handler’s certificate and be ServSafe certified within three (3) months of employment.
• Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
• Exhibit good working knowledge of meeting or exceeding budgeting labor/food cost.
• Should possess computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority of shift on feet. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We require consent to pre-employment drug testing for all positions.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts - 21 months ago