Department: Food and Beverage
Job Summary: Executes in-house recipes to the letter in preparing breads, pastries, and other baked goods.
Duties and Responsibilities (specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to):
Reads, measures, and executes recipes to the letter for breads, pastries, and other baked goods.
Uses quality predetermined methods in a timely and consistent manner.
Checks production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake.
Assures that recipes, specifications, and methods are followed to the letter.
Prepares and decorates baked goods including cakes, pastries, and other types of desserts.
Maintains proper level of baking ingredients and restocks all kitchen supplies and food items as needed for service efficiency.
Maintains a menu knowledge and attention to detail with baked goods.
Ensures all baked goods are rotating on a first-in, first-out schedule.
Labels and dates all baking ingredients properly to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
Identifies and safely uses all kitchen equipment used for baked goods.
Applies basic knife skills required for all baked goods and pastry preparations.
Maintains cleanliness of work areas throughout the shift practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
Follows established safety and security policies and procedures including reporting accidents, injuries, and unsafe working conditions immediately to a supervisor.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1. Working knowledge of all measuring devices, mixing strategies, and equipment associated with preparing baked goods.
- 2. Knowledge of applicable food and beverage related regulations as well as Sol Casinos' internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- 3. Working knowledge of weights and measures.
- 4. Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts, and portion sizes.
- 5. Ability to follow recipes to the letter to ensure consistency of all baked goods that are prepared.
- 6. Ability to distinguish bakery foodstuffs and accessory ingredients contributing to the consistent production of baked goods.
- 7. Ability to read and process recipes in an efficient and timely fashion.
- 8. Ability to work in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- 9. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- 10. Ability to lift forty (40) pounds, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- 11. Ability to stand throughout a shift or for extended periods of time.
Three (3) years professional baking experience in a comparably sized hospitality environment.
Must either possess or obtain a valid Food Handler's card and ServSafe certification within three (3) months of employment.
Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, special events, and overtime, as needed.
Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
Must be able to obtain, maintain, and retain a valid gaming license.
High school or General Equivalency Diploma.
- 2. Retail Bakers of America certification or completion of culinary baker's program.
Sol Casinos - 17 months ago
- 10 days ago
- 20 days ago
Oro Valley, AZ
- 4 days ago