Job Summary: As a key leader of our Coffee Shop and Bakery Departments, this position is responsible for assisting the Bakery Manager with product management, food safety, quality control, merchandising, sales generation, gross margins, labor and general expense control, personnel development, customer service, and profitability within the department. This position is also responsible for the education of team members and customers in the areas of product selection, recipe ideas, and meal solutions
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
· Assists with establishing sales, gross profit, labor and supply budgets for the Coffee Shop and Bakery.
· Assists with maintaining pricing to achieve budgeted gross profit goals.
· Plans and executes Coffee Shop and Bakery merchandising and displays.
· Leads and readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
· Adheres to food temperature requirements, including hot and cold holding specifications. Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market’s quality expectations.
· Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service our customers.
· Leads by example, and provides employees with clear expectations and timely feedback.
· Trains employees and provides performance feedback, coaching and counseling.
· Participates in quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
· Prevents internal and external loss.
· Successfully performs all duties of a Barista and a Bakery Clerk.
· Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Bakery Manager and/or Store Director team.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
· Minimum two years supervisory experience preferred.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Proven success as a team leader and member.
· Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
· Possesses creative merchandising and display skills.
· Possesses strong knowledge of gross profit and labor percentages; proven experience working with both.
· Possesses comprehensive product information with a proven history of using knowledge to train employees and best service customers.
· P ossesses a genuine interest and enthusiasm for fine food.
· Pr oven history of personnel development.
· Ability to effectively delegate and follow-through.
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Superior communication skills.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Proven ability to positively affect sales generation and manage profit and loss.
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
Metropolitan Market - 17 months ago