The Bakery Associate Team Leader position prepares Team Members to be successful leaders at Whole Foods Market. Candidates must be prepared to think, learn, and contribute all while consistently communicating and modeling the Whole Foods Market vision and goal. Assist in Team member hiring, development, and outplacement from Team. Like the Team Leader, is responsible for profitability, expense control, buying/merchandising, regulatory compliance, and special projects as assigned. Exhibit desire and potential ability to move into a Team Leader position.
- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution.
- In the absence of Team Leader, supervise, schedule and assign duties to the Team Members.
- Provide our customers with outstanding customer service.
- Assist in the interviewing, training, development and counseling processes of all Team Members in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale.
- Manage inventory and pricing to achieve required margin and labor targets.
- Develop and maintain creative store layout and product merchandising to support the regional and global WFM vision.
- Manage and provide accurate weekly, monthly and annual management reports.
- Work closely with Team Leader and other Associate Team Leader to ensure smooth operation of the department.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Bakery experience, with leadership duties.
- Analytical ability and proficiency in math sufficient to calculate margins, monitor profitability and manage inventory.
- Passion and appreciation for Scratch Baking
- A desire to become a Team Leader within Whole Foods Market
- Comprehensive Bakery produce knowledge
- Clear and effective communicator
- Strong ability to work with others in a team setting
- Enjoys mentoring others
- Strong organizational skills
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Number of Openings: []
Benefits Category: []
Close Date: [[08/18/2013]]
Whole Foods Market - 18 months ago
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...