Posted positions may close at any time. Please apply today if you are interested in this position. Once this posting is closed applications will no longer be accepted.
Scales, mixes and bakes various bakery goods. Provides courteous personalized customer service. Maintains proper inventory levels of products and ensures the cleanliness and appearance of the bakery department meets standards.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
· Produce bakery products for retail stores.
· Knowledge of all bakery ingredients used.
· Operate equipment in required areas.
· Clean related equipment and work areas.
· Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
· Package all fresh products.
· Follow all packaging /handling procedures.
· Ensure quality of goods by following code.
· Mixes icing or other toppings by scaling and measuring ingredients, operating a mixer, reading the recipe, occasionally lifting 50 lbs. bags of sugar and shortening.
· Dumps icing or other toppings into large storage containers so bowls can be used by others.
· Sets-up cakes and pies by taking liner off, putting icing between layers of numerous items (i.e., 50 cakes at a time).
· Ices cakes and tops pies by taking icing out of the container, combining the icing onto the cake, lifting buckets, bordering, placing specific decorations, etc. for numerous items (i.e., 50 cakes at a time).
· Packages cakes or pies by putting a plate under it and placing the lid.
· Labels cakes and pies by inputting data into digi machine for scanning, placing a label on container, etc.
· Displays products on shelves by placing them in an appealing manner.
· Special orders by following orders from customers; using an air brush machine, tubes, tips, etc. and tracing the pattern.
· Pushing and pulling approximately 100 lb. of product at at time on rack .
· Takes orders by phone and in person from customers.
· Personalizes cakes by writing the desired words of the customer.
· Faces merchandise.
· Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on providing fast, friendly customer service.
· Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques in person, over the telephone and over the in-store intercom.
· Maintains clean, safe and sanitary bakery area and equipment.
· Displays goods by following packaging/handling procedures; company /division guidelines for setting up and maintaining stock, cleanliness and appeal of product show cases, display tables, and special displays; proper signing procedures, etc.
· Assists customers with inquiries (i.e., special orders for cakes and other bakery items) by knowing current pricing, ingredients, availability of product, advertised merchandise, etc.
· Ensures quality of goods by following code dating procedures and legal regulations or labeling and packaging for all in-store bakery products.
· Ensures quantity of goods is available by keeping baker informed of stock levels, accurately filling out inventory and production sheets as scheduled.
· Opens and closes bakery according to company procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
· Produce breads/cakes by mixing recipes. Setting up racks and pans, setting up machines, operating machines, lifting product, measuring ingredients, operating oven, proof box. Pushing and pulling racks.
· Clean work area using pressure hose mop, squeegee, wiping off all work tables, scales utensils.
· Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
· Produce croissants. Folding by hand, proofing and baking.
· Perform basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiple) and compute weights and measures.
· Communicate in writing to others and read and follow instructions.
· Lift objects (i.e., mix) of various dimensions chest high up to 50 lbs.
· Conduct visual inspections and read /follow recipes.
· Catch breads, put product onto trays for baking, operate kitchen utensils and equipment with manual dexterity and hand /eye coordination.
· Reach overhead to place product on racks.
· Stand, walk and move rapidly for extended periods of time.
· Bend, stoop, balance, crouch, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, perform repetitive movement, and reach frequently.
· Handle bakery ingredients.
· Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to baking procedures, equipment, and work aides.
· Respond to audible timers on baking equipment.
· Perform around equipment and product emitting heat (approximately 460 degrees).
· Safety and sanitation procedures and department policies are applied.
· Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.
· Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective equipment as required.
· Check labelers and packaging of all manufactured products.
· Perform friendly, courteous, tactful and maintain composure in dealing with customers and coworkers.
· Communicate (hearing & speech) with customers.
· Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
· Ovens, proof box, mixers, bread machine, flour dump bins, floor scrubber, dishwasher, rack washer, pallet jack, microwave, DIGI printer, label machine and ink jet printer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel so classified may vary.
WinCo Foods - 8 months ago
WinCo Foods isn't just big on self-service -- it's giant. Inside the immense stores (average size is 92,000 sq. ft.) of this...