With a focus on providing superior customer service, the bakery sales clerk processes customer orders in an efficient, accurate, and courteous manner; bags, wraps, boxes and displays bakery products and makes sure the bakery department is clean, well-merchandised, colorful and inviting to the customer.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Focusing on providing fast and friendly customer service.
- Processing cash register transactions, giving back change, processing checks, EBTs, and refunds.
- Using scale printer machine, ensuring weights and pricing are correct.
- Understanding the importance of and monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement as well as the use of product shelf tags and shelf signage.
- Keeping a clean, neat and orderly check stand/sales counter and work production areas.
- Wrapping, bagging, boxing, weighing, slicing, finishing, and stocking bakery department products, rotating them as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
- Displaying goods following bakery department and/or merchandising guidelines.
- Taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Helping decorators and bakers with personalization of cakes and icing of cakes, donuts, sweet rolls and etc.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Learn to use register, scales, scanners and debit/credit terminals.
- Learn to use UPC codes, store signage, and learn and memorize various register keys and codes.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, register forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Learn and apply all food safety and sanitation guidelines and policies.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to run a register, fill and rotate products quickly, bag and box products and use necessary equipment, including knives, bread slicers and scales.
- Openly and professionally communicate through body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Lift and maneuver 50 lbs.
- Work in walk-in coolers and freezers and around hot ovens and fryers.
- Work with bakery ingredients including various flours, spices, nuts, flavorings and oils.
- A desire to greet, engage with and sincerely thank the customer.
- An outstanding work ethic and a desire to constantly improve one’s work performance.
- Ability to work well with other, helping to support each team member’s effort to succeed.
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to new jobs, schedules, team members, programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to think through one’s decisions, solving problems and coming up with solutions.
- A creative nature and a love of baking.
Bashas' Supermarkets - 16 months ago