Various Colorado locations
Immediate part-time openings
King Soopers/City Market, a division of The Kroger Co., operates stores in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming.
We are seeking courteous, enthusiastic and skilled people to welcome our guests, model a ‘Customer 1 st ’ behavior and make them feel important and appreciated. Ideal candidates should be willing to learn the principles of our business understand the demands of a high-volume retail position and demonstrate our commitment to honesty, integrity, safety, diversity, inclusion and respect.
Position Title: Bakery Clerk
Enterprise Job Code:
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Profile last updated: January 23, 2013
POSITION SUMMARY :
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1 st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Slice deli meats and cheeses to customer’s requests using proper deli equipment.
- Prepare bakery items per customer requests using proper bakery equipment.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products for which they inquire about.
- Inform customers of bakery specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Recommend bakery items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Use all equipment in deli/bistro such as the refrigerators, freezers, slicers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Prepare food to Company standards.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review “sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Properly use kitchen equipment, stove, computerized scale, fryer, steamer, robot coupe etc.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates Effectively and Candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, is approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves Results Through Teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads Through Positive Influence – Demonstrates strong character, builds partnerships, models a conscious balance between work and personal life, takes personal responsibility for own development, role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and Develops Others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads Change and Innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with Excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides Clear and Strategic Direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Current food handlers permit once employed
DESIRED PREVIOUS JOB EXPERIENCE :
POTENTIAL CAREER PATH FROM THIS POSITION :
HOW TO APPLY :
- Bakery Department Manager
- Other Retail Clerk positions
Complete an application online using individual links below.
After completing your online application, call your local store and ask to speak to the store Administrative Assistant.
Store 10 ( 15250 E. Mississippi )
Apply online: http://bit.ly/Xu74XE Phone: 303.671.8697
Store 30 ( 1155 S. Havana )
Apply online: http://bit.ly/nR25wI Phone: 303.755.1244
Store 84 ( 6412 South Parker Road )
Apply online: http://bit.ly/ZEhf5V Phone: 303.627.6060
Store 71 ( 100 Founders Pkwy. )
Apply online: http://bit.ly/Xub5eq Phone: 303.663.0177
Store 38 ( 5050 E. Arapahoe Rd. )
Apply online: http://bit.ly/10kNBqa Phone: 303.770.3400
Store 63 ( 8200 S. Holly )
Apply online: http://bit.ly/sERmzB Phone: 303.779.4499
Store 76 ( 3570 Hartsel Drive )
Apply online: http://bit.ly/12p9Q28 Phone: 719.590.1099
Store 29 ( 1155 E. 9th Ave. )
Apply online: http://bit.ly/ZjiZbT Phone: 303.832.5262
Store 11 ( 2100 35th Ave )
Apply online: http://bit.ly/R2J6Nx Phone: 970.339.1700
Store 8 ( 2205 W. Wildcat Reserve Pkwy )
Apply online: http://bit.ly/XikmUM Phone: 720.344.4503
Store 25 ( 11747 W. Ken Caryl Ave. )
Apply online: http://bit.ly/ZEefXr Phone: 303.933.5100
Store 75 ( 12959 S. Parker Rd. )
Apply online: http://bit.ly/rdhEFw Phone: 303.840.1223
Store 20 ( 3400 Youngfield )
Apply online: http://bit.ly/Z6YLvV Phone: 303.238.6486
Store 104 ( 1520 Main St. )
Apply online: http://bit.ly/iz6exR Phone: 970.674.2830
The starting wage for this position without experience is $7.78 per hour. If you have previous verifiable bakery experience within 5 years from date of hire, you can be given a percentage wage credit.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including a comprehensive medical, dental and vision plan as well as a 401(k) plan to help you prepare for your future. Benefit eligibility is dependent upon location and length of service. In addition we offer credit union membership, an employee stock purchase plan and educational assistance.
CAREER HUB: www.grocery.coloradojobs.com
TEXT ALERTS: Text KINGCITY to 447363
DRUG SCREENING :
King Soopers/City Market adheres to the philosophy of a DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT. To this end, we ask that our external finalist candidates PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN prior to any job offer being made.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Kroger (NYSE:KR) is one of the nation's largest grocery retailers, with fiscal 2010 sales of $82.2...