The Northwest Division's Bakery Merchandising Department has an opening for a Bakery Field Merchandiser, based in the Seattle area. Relocation assistance may be available if applicable.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. 4-year college degree preferred.
• 3-5 years retail store experience with at least 1-2 years in retail management or 1-2 years retail management plus buying experience.
• Full technical knowledge of retail Bakery operations.
• High degree of initiative with strong planning skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to understand and communicate techniques involved in training, inventory control, management, and quality of Bakery products.
• Strong customer service focus; team building and training skills; able to motivate and coordinate merchandising initiatives.
• All qualified candidates must successfully pass a test battery to be considered for this position.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Identify opportunities and train bakery department employees to improve service and operating performance.
• Apply expanded knowledge and use of multiple operational reports to route out and solve operational opportunities.
• Provide regular communication to the District Manager(s) on store progress in their specialty.
• Provide information and support to stores on new items, holiday merchandising, and quality standards.
• Supervise new stores and remodels, implement programs and objectives, and train store personnel.
• Oversee compliance with policies and procedures set up by Safeway and appropriate regulatory agencies.
• Act as a liaison between the Bakery Department staff and District and Store management.
• Keep updated on competition and report to Bakery Merchandising.
• Assist Bakery Merchandising Director in developing and implementing programs and policies designed to increase sales and profits of departments and achieve planned results.
• Identify potential successors and assist in the training and development of those employees.
• Participate in the performance appraisal of the Bakery managers in their markets.
• Requires extensive travel within District responsibilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Salary Grade: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Closing Date: May 30th 2013
Respond to: Interested candidates must apply Online by visiting www.safeway.com/careers.
- 23 months ago - save job
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...