Do you like to work on a winning team?
Summary Description: The Balance Sheet Coordinator prepares Unit Analysis for internal reporting. Performs mid-level Finance and Accounting functions that require specialized accounting knowledge. Analyzes assigned Balance Sheet accounts and prepare work-papers monthly. Reviews bank reconciliations for accuracy. Processes OG invoices. Reviews drink system invoices and batches for accurate coding and entry. Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts, defining bookkeeping policies and procedures. Establishes and maintains positive business relations with agents, vendors & auditors.
- Prepares and maintains journals, ledgers, closings, status reports, and other periodic reports in accordance with the company chart of accounts.
- Reviews monthly bank reconciliations.
- Process OG invoices.
- Assists with the preparation of interim and year-end audit schedules.
- Prepares balance sheet work papers.
- Ensures procedures and controls are in place to optimize the efficiency of the department, and writes and up-dates new policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Prepares work papers for annual audit.
- Reconciles monthly unit Profit and Losses (P&L). Investigates and resolves month-end differences. Ensures P&L is reported accurately and completely in system.
- Works collaboratively with others (internally and externally) to achieve common objectives, goals and results.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with vendors.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years experience in a high transaction volume accounting or financial environment.
- Prior multi-unit /retail restaurant experience
- 6-12 months experience preferably in restaurant industry
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in JD Edwards preferred
- Basic professional or theoretical knowledge and fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Elementary understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
- Elementary ability to delegate tasks and get work done through others
Whataburger - 19 months ago
Over six decades ago, an adventurous and determined entrepreneur named Harmon Dobson had a bold idea: to serve a burger so big that it took...