The Banking Trainee is a development trainee position that will provide key foundational banking principles to develop banking, sales, and management skills. Position will be responsible for working with branch staff for the first 6 months of the program learning and experiencing key job duties needed to run a successful branch. In the second half of the 12 month program incumbents will choose a career track focused on Retail, Credit, Ag, or Consumer lending.
The individual will be assigned to a branch location in a small community. This program will generally be 12 months before moving to a permanent position within Great Western Bank.
1. Rotate through job duties of the teller and personal banker roles to gain understanding of key branch roles.
2. Recognize selling opportunities and effectively cross sell bank products and services. Refer business when appropriate.
3. Acknowledge/prioritize multiple customer demands to provide maximum service to all customers.
4. Develop an understanding of cash management tools.
5. Handle confidential matters, miscellaneous projects, establish confidential records, and maintain files for the branch.
6. Assist and prepare credit spreads for loan requests. May assist with preparing loan documentation for loan closing.
7. Attend sales visits and customer calls with manager or business banker. May be asked to independently make sales calls and bring in new loans once familiar with processes and procedures.
8. Perform other duties as requested.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, Finance, Accounting or related field with an interest and/or experience in the banking field.
2. Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA.
3. Must have strong attention to detail with good communication, customer service, analytical, and sales skills.
4. Strong desire to build relationships within the Great Western Bank organization and effective working relationships with co-workers.
5. Must be a self-starter with demonstrated initiative; leadership potential.
Great Western Bancorporation is the holding company for Great Western Bank, which operates about 200 branches in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri,...