Effectively implement sales plans for the assigned banking center(s) to achieve the strategic and tactical goals of the company. Provide a strong leadership, management and direction to the banking center staff to ensure delivery of superior quality service and product support for bank customers.
General supervision by the Retail Market Leader.
Banking center retail staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Design and implement an aggressive sales and marketing strategy to develop new and existing relationships.
Regularly conduct outside sales calls with prospective business banking customers.
Nurture and grow established long term relationships and grow market share for the banking center through frequent participation in business development activities with business customers and prospects in the market area.
Market all types of business and consumer banking functions including deposits, lending, trust, insurance, merchant processing and cash management
Connect with lines of business partners to generate new business and deepen customer relationships.
Promote an understanding of business products and expand relationships with new and existing clients.
Develop and align aggressive sales goals for branch staff to directly support the retail scorecard established for the assigned banking center(s).
Maximize individual sales productivity of each team member.
Align sales goals with superior customer service results.
Develop and implement strategies for the banking center to meet and exceed loan and deposit goals as established in the designated middle market.
Monitor and grow the banking center’s deposit portfolio.
Interview customers and compile loan applications for consumer and business loans, and home equity lines of credit according to lending policies; evaluate and approve or deny within authorized lending limit.
Promote the bank through community involvement and leverage contacts to create a pipeline of new business.
Ensure compliance for regulations and reporting, including but not limited to: BSA, OFAC, CIP, CRA, etc.
Oversee supervision of banking center staff; train, coach, and conduct annual performance evaluations.
Oversee operational aspects of the banking center; control opening and closing of the banking center, conduct audits, and branch balancing.
Ensure total compliance of physical and information security policy.
Attend and/or complete applicable and required training sessions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
In addition to the list below, it is understood that all positions within the Corporation require individuals who possess a pleasant and friendly personality, project sensitivity towards customers and fellow employees, and maintain a neat and clean professional appearance . Further, all employees will have access to confidential, sensitive and/or non-public customer information and it is expected that each employee will have the ability to ensure their work locations and activities comply with the Information Security Policy.
Interpersonal Effectiveness (This includes: Humor, Compassion, Personal Disclosure)
- Has the knowledge and skills to perform position essential functions successfully
Working Relationships (This includes: Boss Relationships, Peer Relationships)
- Has a positive sense of humor and is appropriately funny
- Demonstrates real empathy and care for others
- Admits mistakes and shares thoughts about personal strengths and challenges
- Is easy to get to know to those who interact with him/her regularly
Timely Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Responds and relates well to bosses
- Open to learning and coaching from bosses
- Seen as a team player by being cooperative and collaborative
- Gains trust and support of peers
- Can find common ground and be candid with peers
- Demonstrates the ability to make timely decisions under pressure.
- Makes sound decisions even when there is incomplete information.
- Looks beyond the obvious for alternative solutions.
- Demonstrates logic and analytical ability in solving problems.
- Welcomes learning opportunities and remains open to change
- Displays an eagerness and capacity to learn when faced with new situations and problems
- Learns quickly
- Experiments and tries new solutions
- Views new assignments as a learning experience and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with clients and others in the organization
- Can win concessions without damaging relationships
- Can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic
- Gains trust of others through negotiations
- Provides employees with challenging assignments and tasks
- Establishes clear directions and performance expectations for employees to meet banking center scorecard metrics
- Holds frequent performance and development discussions and uses performance management to increase employee performance
- Provides current, direct, complete and actionable positive and corrective feedback to employees
- Knows each direct report’s career and personal goals
- Treats all employees equitably and does not give preferential treatment
- Creates a working environment where employees will do their best and feel empowered
- Is a people developer and someone employees like working for and with
Building and Motivating Teams
- Develops schedules and task/people assignments
- Knows the length and difficulty of a task or project
- Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks
- Breaks down work into process steps
- Evaluates results
- Creates strong morale and spirit with his/her team
- Shares wins and successes as a whole team
- Fosters open dialogue with and between team members
- Lets team members finish and be responsible for their work
- Creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Shares both responsibility and accountability when delegating
- Trusts employees to perform and finish their assigned work
- Provides current and complete feedback others can use to improve personal and company performance
- Lets people know where they stand
- Faces up to people and situational problems quickly and directly
- Is not afraid to take negative action when necessary
- Is able to clearly and succinctly communicate information using the best method for the situation and intended audience, small and large groups with peers, colleagues, customers and management
Successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or related field. Three (3) years of sales, management, banking, or related experience. Preferred Requirements: Demonstrated ability to sell and cross-sell bank products and services. Consumer lending experience. Supervisory experience in the banking industry. Demonstrated ability to manage retail sales team to achieve threshold activity levels and performance goals. Active Insurance licenses (Series 6, life, etc). May be an elected officer of the bank.
- Commands attention and can manage group processes during presentations
- Can change communication tactics when something isn’t working
In addition to the list above, it is understood that all positions within the Corporation require individuals who possess a pleasant and friendly personality, project sensitivity towards customers and fellow employees, and maintain a neat and clean professional appearance. Further, all employees will have access to confidential, sensitive and/or non-public customer information and it is expected that each employee will have the ability to ensure their work locations and activities comply with the Information Security Policy.
First Merchants Bank - 8 months ago
Since our beginnings in 1893, we understand that it’s about the customer. We make our customers feel at home. We show them we care....