Responsible for providing exemplary guest service through training and guidance of the Banquet Staff. Maintaining a warm, friendly service to Resort guests at all times.
- Assists the Banquet manager with scheduling, training and guidance of the banquet staff.
- Maintains all reports, accounting information, and time and attendance records in a timely manner in the absence of the manager.
- Ensures prompt, courteous, and hospitable service at all times. Responsible for maintaining positive employee relations and moral in a supportive manner.
- Maintains the Resorts high standard of housekeeping and sanitation in the convention center. Ensures that tables and serving areas are properly set up.
- Responsible for good safety practices of employees and guest throughout the Convention Center by ensuring proper emergency and security procedures are followed.
- Resolves customer concerns, complaints or suggestions or refers them to management in a continuous effort to provide superior Resort guest service.
- Provides constructive input to foster process improvement within the department.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required .
- 1 - 3 years of experience in customer service, banquet or hospitality service required.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Able to read and comprehend written instructions.
- Administrative/clerical experience preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks at once.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, interpersonal, and customer relations skills.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Current and valid Oregon Drivers License with the ability to qualify for the UIDC Drivers Program.
- Must be able to obtain a Class I Gaming License.
- Food Handler Certificate and OLCC Servers Permit required.
- Maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance at all times (specific standards available).
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation - 16 months ago