Back of the House
Join our culinary team as our full time year round benefit eligible Banquet Chef!
The Banquet Chef is responsible for production of all the delectible food served for our award winning banquet functions and private parties as well as accountable for all food costs and the supervision production personnel during banquet events.
This is a full time/year round salary/exempt managerial position.
Job duties include:
• Responsible for directing and correcting the presentation and portioning of food for all banquet functions.
• Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to banquet and resort standards.
• Prepare and display buffet food items according to the resort standards.
• Responsible for the assisting executive chef in the selection, training, supervision and success of all culinary and kitchen staff members.
• Capable of creating a motivational atmosphere and a cohesive food and beverage team.
• Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all staff members and guests. • Adheres to all four-star resort performance standards to ensure that all guests have an outstanding dining experience.
• Enforces internal cost and labor controls.
• Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
• Must be able to perform all positions in the kitchen in order to supervise, direct and train all personnel.
• Performs all other duties and tasks as required.
•Two year associate’s degree or a bachelor’s degree from a four year college desired.
•Must have a minimum of 8 (eight) years kitchen experience with a preferred minimum of 2 (two) years management experience.
•ServeSafe Certification required or ability to obtain and recertify.
•Clear and concise verbal communication skills and strong math skills to adapt recipe portions with fractions.
•Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
•Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
•Must have unrestricted and insurable driving record due to vehicle use for both on and off site events.
•Background check and professional references required.
•Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Required for consideration: Complete online application, cover letter and resume.