ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as the industry leader in FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies," and as one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.twitter.com/aramarknews.
Our Parks and Destinations group specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country’s most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
Asilomar Conference Center, California
Denali National Park, Alaska
Glacier Bay, Alaska
Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
Olympic Peninsula, Washington
Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
The server establishes a welcoming atmosphere from the minute they first greet guests at their table. The server delivers food and carries service trays while demonstrating exemplary guest service skills. This position requires individuals with the ability to be service-minded and committed to providing outstanding guest satisfaction.
Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule
- Supports Catering Manager in daily tasks of running the department.
- Leads Food and Beverage service to ensure consistency throughout the event.
- Responsible for understanding event logistics and event specifications, included in BEO.
- Assist in the pre-event preparation and set-up process and adhering to established event time schedules.
- Assumes responsibility for the successful set-up and execution of functions by setting tables, chairs and related furniture for event. Delivers and retrieves products for functions
- Position requires the ability to multi-task, a strong customer service focus, strong communication skills, attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Responds to last minute changes or special requests that may occur during the event
- Works effectively with the kitchen staff and catering team to ensure that events are successful
- Serves meals by course and removes dishes when appropriate.
- Cleans all areas that were used for the special function upon completion and performs any additional cleaning as needed
- Checks event set-up and coverage; monitors functions as they occur and checks on clean-up activities.
- Assists in training of personnel.
- Assists with employee schedule and break schedule on a daily basis and records information for payroll input documentation.
- Inventories special function service ware, and assists with ordering as needed.
- Performs duties of a Catering Server as required.
- Maintains the Catering storage rooms in an orderly manner, ensuring the proper storage of all items, from equipment to perishable foods.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the Catering Manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Follows ARAMARK policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures and insures compliance with these policies and procedures.
- Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedule, weekends and holidays are required.
- Assists Catering Manager with supervising line staff and makes recommendations for required discipline of such
Know and abide by all state liquor laws
Other duties as assigned
Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
Report to work on time and in complete uniform
Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
Reports to the Catering Manager
Position requires a strong customer service focus, strong communication skills and a positive attitude
Must be able to work efficiently – prepared to help wherever needed
Must have the ability to lift food trays
Must meet state regulations for alcohol serving age
Should be able to work all department shifts
Previous restaurant and food service experience
Outgoing personality and friendly manner
Must complete Serve Safe Food Handlers certification
Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written – able to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, ARAMARK Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
Minimum of 1-2 years Serving experience is required
Must be familiar with Microsoft Programs
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel ( >10%)
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT
ARAMARK Parks and Destinations - 19 months ago