Discover the Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, located at the foot of the dramatic San Jacinto Mountains, where you will find sunshine and clear blue skies to draw you into this expansive Southern California retreat by day and surround yourself with the stars at night. Located near the Aerial Tram, casino and the Palm Springs Convention Center, our hotel in Palm Springs is the perfect destination for business and vacation travelers alike. With museums and theaters nearby, the whole family will enjoy our Palm Springs hotel. Our stylish onsite DATE restaurant and other nearby eateries provide a unique upscale experience. For the perfect way to relax during your vacation, enjoy a late-night swim near our private cabanas and outdoor firepits or treat yourself to a massage or other professional service at our Spa Del Sol.
Position: Banquet Server
Reports To: Banquet Manager/Banquet Captain
Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for efficiently serving food and beverages in a courteous and professional manner at assigned
Essential Job Functions:
1. Check in with the Banquet Manager/Captain to see what party he/she is assigned to.
2. Review the BEO’s for menu details, special instructions, etc. Ensure room set-up and equipment
is there as requested. Allow time for preparation before the function; plate setting, condiments,
3. Assist the Set-Up Staff in table set-up, buffet set-up, bar set-up, etc.
4. Check quality and presentation of food before serving.
5. Prepare and serve beverages for the function.
6. Double check tables in station to ensure proper set up and immediately make any necessary
7. Maintain an “open communication” with the Kitchen staff, letting them know immediately of any
8. Serve the guests in a courteous and professional manner. Promptly and courteously follow up on
any reasonable requests while using proper serving techniques.
9. Promptly and quietly remove dirty dishes from the tables as guests finish their meal or course.
10. Load all dirty dishes from the banquet function on a cart and breakdown at the dish line.
11. Complete all sidework lists before leaving, approximately 30 minutes.
12. Clean up after the function: sweep, mop, clean dishes from table, put everything away. Should
take approximately 30 minutes.
1. Assist other Banquet Associates as needed.
2. Attend monthly department meetings.
Job Knowledge, Skills and other Requirements:
1. Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and
associates so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions, instructions,
information, answer questions and provide service as required.
2. Stand and walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
3. Lift and carry heavy trays of approximately 30 pounds.
4. Promptly serve guests, set tables and carry trays.
5. Read and interpret BEO’s to understand and verify room set up and menu served.
ZipRecruiter - 5 months ago