Embassy Suites Cleveland-Rockside is looking for a high energy, self motivated individual to assist our Banquet Manager in taking care of all our banquet guests and is available to work Friday and Saturday.
Embassy Suites Cleveland Rockside
Why you want to work for us
This job will appeal to people who:
- Aimbridge Hospitality offers a variety of career opportunities within our portfolio which consists of well-known brands with more than 60 hotels in 17 States.
- The company owns and manages franchised hotel brands including Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Marriott, Doubletree, aloft, Cambria Suites, Sheraton, Hyatt and more.
- Come and explore a world of opportunities and join our dynamic team!
- Our Philosophy is to consistently deliver exceptional hotel service with the help of dedicated, caring employees thus outperforming the competition.
- We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
- Your role will be integral to the success of our company.
- We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance and community
- Individuals who have Banquet or serving experience
- A Banquet Server is responsible for the set up and the service of all assigned banquet functions.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Perform preparatory tasks and side work duties to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
- Know how to read the Banquet Event Order and be familiar with the menu of the assigned function.
- Serve guests according to the hotel's standards in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Respond to guest problems, complaints and accidents; Refer to management, if necessary.
- Be informed of all current hotel policies.
- Be familiar with fire exits, fire extinguisher locations and safety rules.
- Maintain the banquet store room in a neat and organized manner, stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food service functions.
- A competitive Benefits packet including Medical,Dental & Vision Insurance, Life & Disability
- 401K with matching contribution
- Employee Room rate discounts at participant Hotels
- Educational Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
Aimbridge Hospitality - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -