The Banquet Server is responsible for preparing for and serving guests during banquet functions in accordance with hotel standards of food and beverage quality, presentation, sanitation and warm hospitality.
- Sets tables in assigned area (or checks to see that they have been set) correctly and uniformly, using: clean, pressed linen (without rips, stains or tears); clean unspotted silverware; clean china with no chips or cracks; clean, unspotted glassware.
- Properly clean and fill table complements (salt and pepper, sugar, breadbaskets, etc.)
- Learns the menu for each function served and is able to explain the major ingredients and preparation methods for each item to be served.
- Assist Captain or Manager in setting up and breaking down buffet and other special food services tables/stations. Set-ups, serves and/or breaks down coffee breaks, receptions, other special functions, as assigned, following standard policies and procedures.
- Complete any assigned side work, such as refilling condiments, shaking and sorting linen, hanging/storing drapes, cleaning/storing serving equipment and/or props, etc.
- Maintains responsible alcohol service certification.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks, to patrons during banquet events.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred. Previous banquet server experience preferred. Must be able to follow directions and get along well with others. Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts
- 2 years ago - save job
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...