ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
6. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
7. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
8. Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned function:
a) Pre-function sidework.
b) Detailed menu selections, major ingredients, appearance, texture, quality standards, garnish and method of presentation.
c) Particular characteristics/description of wines/champagne ordered.
d) Prices for specified bar selections on cash bars.
e) Station assignment and table set-up.
f) Group name, type of function and expected attendance.
g) Scheduled hours of service.
h) Special requests/arrangements.
i) Order of service, traffic flow in room.
9. Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
10. Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
11. Complete pre-function sidework:
a) Check quality and amount of all stock and supplies using checklist.
b) Transport necessary supplies from storage areas to service area.
c) Fold napkins, set linen/skirting on tables.
d) Set tables according to service standards.
e) Set up all condiments (butter, jellies, cream, juices) and beverages (non-alcoholic).
f) Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service.
g) Prepare all cold food items (cereals, fruits and salads) as assigned by the Supervisor.
h) Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any efficiencies. Set up side station as assigned by Supervisor.
12. Greet guests as they arrive and assist them with seating at tables.
13. Retrieve alcoholic beverage items from bar and serve to guest.
14. Open and serve wine/champagne bottles.
15. Make all varieties of coffee.
19. Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the guest in accordance with function requirements.
20. Clear each course following procedures.
21. Remove all tabletop items, linen and equipment from the function room as designated by function requirements.
22. Set up, monitor, refresh and breakdown coffee breaks, receptions and buffet tables for specified functions according to group requirements.
23. Complete closing side duties:
a) Breakdown all goods as specified.
b) Clean all equipment as assigned.
c) Restock items for next service.
d) Properly store all reusable goods.
e) Remove all dirty linen and transport to Laundry.
f) Marry and stock all condiments.
g) Secure storage areas.
24. Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
25. Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
2. Assist on other functions as assigned.
3. Assist Convention Services Houseman with room set-ups as assigned.
4. Legibly document pertinent information in log book.
5. Attend menu and wine tastings as scheduled.
1. Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
2. One year experience as a Restaurant or Banquet Food Server.
3. Must have good understanding of the English language.
4. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
5. Compute basic arithmetic.
6. Ability to:
perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
prioritize and organize.
be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
follow directions thoroughly.
understand guests service needs.
work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
work with minimal supervision.
maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
8. Knowledge of various food service styles (i.e., French service, Russian service, Family style service, Butler style service).
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. Previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
3. Knowledge of specific room set-up styles.
4. Certification in an alcoholic awareness program.
5. Certification in CPR.
6. Ability to suggestively sell.
7. Previous guest/customer relations training.
1. Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds.
2. Push/pull cart and other equipment up to 250 pounds.
3. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
4. Must be able to stand and exert well paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length.
5. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
6. Work environment -Banquet function areas, meeting rooms and service areas. Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, outdoors/indoors, around fumes and/or odor hazards, around dust and/or mite hazards, and around chemicals.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts
- 3 years ago - save job