The Banquet Server is responsible for the set-up and
serving of food and beverages to guests at all banquet
functions, according to the hotel standards.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly,
ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
- Perform preparatory tasks and side work duties to
friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Be familiar with the menu of the assigned function.
- Served guests according to the hotel’s standards in a
Communicate to management, if necessary.
- Respond to guest problems, complaints, and accidents.
manner, stocked with any and all appropriate supplies
- Set all tables according to hotel standards.
- Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and orderly
necessary for food service functions.
function and ensure that all equipment and supplies are
- Clean-up banquet space after the completion of the
stored and re-stocked properly.
- Prepare room according to BEO and the various meal
- Follow all money handling procedures when serving the
to give accurate descriptions.
- Know and use “suggestive selling” techniques.
- Know the menu items for each function served and able
Job Requirements:Education & Experience:
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in
occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
and written, with all level of employees and guests in
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally
an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
functions to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental
an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in
Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling,
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with
which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations
problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify
anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
- Must be effective in handling problems, including
problems as necessary.
information, data, etc. from various sources to meet
- Must be able to understand and apply complex
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of
anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Must be able to show initiative, including
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Highgate Hotels, L.P. - 20 months ago