The Banquet Server is responsible for the set-up and serving of food and beverages to guests at all banquet functions, according to the hotel standards.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Perform preparatory tasks and side work duties to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
• Be familiar with the menu of the assigned function.
• Served guests according to the hotel’s standards in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
• Respond to guest problems, complaints, and accidents. Communicate to management, if necessary.
• Set all tables according to hotel standards.
• Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and orderly manner, stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food service functions.
• Clean-up banquet space after the completion of the function and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and re-stocked properly.
• Prepare room according to BEO and the various meal functions.
• Follow all money handling procedures when serving the guest.
• Know and use “suggestive selling” techniques.
• Know the menu items for each function served and able to give accurate descriptions.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in hotel or a related field preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.