JOB SUMMARY: The Server has the responsibility of providing club members and guests with friendly, prompt, complete and efficient food and beverage service, meeting all of the members/guests needs within specified standards.
- Assists with banquet room set-up and performs related banquet (dinning room) set-up tasks.
- Provides immediate attention to all guests upon seating.
- Takes beverage order and serves food in specified station.
- Pours and refills wine, coffee, water and/or other beverages served with and after the meal.
- Empties ashtrays and cleans soiled dishes as needed.
- Advises supervisor of any member/guest complaints as soon as they occur.
- Assists in closing functions by performing various tasks such as removing linen, busing glasses, dishes, silverware, etc., and re-setting the room.
- Accurately describes menu items, specials, drinks, and wines for guest satisfaction.
- Sets dining room station.
- Maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Interacts with co-workers in tandem, communicating clearly and precisely.
- Accommodates any special requests that the kitchen is able to deliver for the guest.
- Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to established service standards.
- Notes timing of meal progression and notifies kitchen staff.
- Answers questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Monitors and observes guest's dining experience. Ensures guests are satisfied with the food and service. Responds promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Removes used tableware between courses and provides tableware for the next course.
- Maintains the tidiness of the table throughout the meal. Is ready and willing to assist bus person with clearing and resetting tables.
- Reports all equipment problems and maintenance issues to F&B/Banquet Supervisor.
- Assists the restock and replenishment of inventory and supplies.
- Attends all educational staff meetings.
- Some high school education.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age (serving alcohol)
- Minimum 1+ years prior serving experience in a quality club/hotel/restaurant
- Knowledge of fine wines and food preferred
- Strong listening and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a "customer first" mentality
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to adhere to quality standards for safety, sanitation and food handling
- Experience with using computers
- Must be willing to work weekend, holiday, and evening shifts.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds from floor to heights to above shoulder height.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and climb.
- Must be able to stand and continuously “move” throughout the workday.
The Cliffs Communities - 9 months ago
The Cliffs Communities
Travelers Rest, SC
The Cliffs Communities
- 30+ days ago