The Banquet Server provides all guests with an entertaining and enjoyable dining experience, through quality service in the most efficient manner, at all times.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
• Perform any necessary pre-shift sidework.
• Maintain a clean and sanitary environment; ensure compliance with all local and state health codes.
• Assist in controlling food and beverage costs; enforce all security measures as outlined by hotel management; protect the assets of the company.
• Check with the Banquet Captain when coming on duty for specific instructions for the current function and section assignment.
• Greet all guests in a courteous manner, displaying a helpful attitude.
• Anticipate guests’ needs, ensuring guests are provided with water, coffee, tea, or beverages in a timely manner.
• Unload trays in the service area, racking glassware, scraping plates, and separating silverware.
• Practice “clean as you go” techniques of service, including refolding napkins and cleaning between courses, and keeping the station clean, neat, and supplied at all times.
• Complete assigned breakdown and closing sidework.
• Report hazardous conditions or broken equipment to the Engineering Department immediately; in an emergency, notify the Chief Engineer at once.
• This position requires a minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
• Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
• Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
• Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
• Prior experience as a Restaurant or Banquet Food Server.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
• Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.and work the majority of shift on feet. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We require consent to pre-employment drug testing for all positions.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard