General Summary of Duties :|
Responsible for supervision of catered events. This includes the planning, set-up executive and tear down of all events. The Banquet Service Assistant Manager stays in contact with the host throughout the event to ensure the highest guest satisfaction possible.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands :
Requires mobility. Requires prolonged sitting, standing, and walking. Ability to push and/or pull carts weighing up to100 pounds. Ability to grasp, lift, and carry equipment weighing a minimum of 50 pounds. Sense of smell, touch and sound. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Normal vision and hearing range.
Typical Working Conditions :
Work is performed in an office environment as well as in the required meeting and convention space. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following) :
1. Prepare assignments for staff assigned to each event.
2. Conduct lineups with the staff at the start of each shift. Review assignments and steps of service for each event.
3. Greet host (on-site contact) for assigned event(s) and stay in contact throughout the event(s).
4. Prepares reports, detailing the function and comments of the host.
5. Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all Fontainebleau guests.
6. Uses cash register or point of sale system as needed.
7. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority.
8. Communicates with guests during the function to attend to their requests and general needs.
9. Works closely with the audio-visual representative on the set up of microphones, lighting and general needs.
10. Trains and supervises new personnel in the Banquet Set Up department.
11. Advances his knowledge and abilities and shares it with others.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) :
Knowledge of banquet and catering concepts, practices, and procedures. Effective supervisory and communication skills. Well organized and demonstrated strong problem solving skills. Budgeting and analytical skills with the ability to trouble shoot and analyze complex data. Ability to operate office equipment (i.e., computer, 10-key, copier, fax, and telephone). Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions. Ability to develop strong professional relationships with vendors, guests, and employees.
High school education or equivalent. College degree preferred.
Minimum of three years relevant experience in a high quality, high volume catering and convention operation.
Two years supervisory experience preferred.
Fontainebleau Miami Beach - 2 years ago