As a Coffee Person you will be interacting with the restaurant guest, fellow staff members and supervisors in a polite, courteous and hospitable manner to ensure that the guest are having and exemplary dinning experience, serves guest and actively brews and prepares coffee, tea, and chocolate using coffee makers, teapots, drink mixers, and other kitchen equipment by performing the following duites.
• Communicates effectively and genuinely with guests, team members and other departments
• Maintains a friendly and caring demeanor at all times in a fast pace environment
• Shows initiative and anticipates needs in job performance
• Demonstrates team work; is dependable and productive
• Able to find guest centric solutions. (Hugs the guest)
• Serves all hot beverages and many cold beverages to guests using The James guests standards for hospitality service
• Prepare beverages and fill orders for guests, based on POS generated dupes
• Brews all hot and some cold beverages
• Maintain the stocking, organization and cleanliness of the equipment, surroundings (including but not limited to):
a.Coffee urns and thermos, ice tea brewing machines and serving containers, refrigerators, espresso machines and milks steamers, blenders, coffee cups, saucers, sugars and artificial sweeteners, creamers, spoons, straws and stirrers, fruit and spice garnishes, chocolate, dairy products, all coffee and tea products, all coffee and tea products, storage shelves, preparation surfaces, serving trays, ice bins, computer printer and paper supplies, floor and trash receptacles.
• Complies with all occupational, health and safety standards
• Assist in the safe preparation of the restaurant and its supplies for regularly scheduled exterminations
• Attends regularly scheduled meetings
• Follows guidelines as outlined in the company handbook
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Strong customer service skills
• Guest centric oriented
• Knowledge about the area
• Strong Oral communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Planning and organizational ability
• Able to exert up to 30 lbs of force occasionally and 10 lbs of force frequently.
• Ability to stand during the entire shift.
• Able to work nights, weekends and holidays when business needs dictates.
• Able to work in fast paced, stressful environment.
• Less than High School education; or up to two month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Denihan Hospitality Group - 16 months ago