SUMMARY: The Barista will make espresso drinks with artful presentation.
Associates will always conduct them self in manner which supports the guiding principles of Destination Hotels & Resorts:
Acts with the highest ethical standards, treating others fairly & with respect.
Empower a diverse group of talented and prepared people.
Nurture lasting relationships with investors, customers and team members
Achieve optimum investment performance.
Focus on Continuous improvement of quality assets and services.
Consistently work to balance our lives and contribute positively to our communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Greets and interacts with guests in a friendly manner.
· Assist with seating Guests in a timely manner.
· Serve coffee, tea, espresso drinks and other designated non-alcoholic beverages.
· Take food and beverage orders
· Responds to any reasonable task assigned by supervisor or manager.
· Maintains waiting list on guests and seat tables according to staffing levels. Is responsible for knowing what tables are available, who is covering each section and how to seat guests alternately in each section.
· Maintains an up-to-date working knowledge of all hotel amenities as well as any special events.
· Keeps work area clean and organized.
· Walks around and checks on guests’ satisfaction, refills water, busses tables while always keeping an eye on the podium. Wipes menus down at the end of each shift and replaces if wrinkled or soiled.
· Takes restaurant reservations as needed for internal and external guests.
· Interacts with other associates in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information.
· Communicates all pertinent information to the Restaurant Manager.
· Solicits guest feedback via guest comment cards and acknowledges guest preferences for future visits.
· Addresses all guest feedback with the utmost confidence, grace and concern for their satisfaction .
· Welcomes guests to the restaurant in a professional manner.
· Ensures cleanliness of restaurant including polished flatware, clean glassware and plates.
· Is knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and safety policies.
· Creates cost saving controls, ensures economical and safe use of supplies and equipment.
· Suggest promotions, changes, procedures of things that may help the restaurant.
· Work directly with the guests to ensure that their service needs are understood and met.
· Able to perform service standards at the level expected by the hotel.
· Provide a prompt and courteous response to guests or staff requests.
· Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Perform other duties as required or requested by Lead Server, Restaurant Supervisor and/or Restaurant Manager.
· Take guests' food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
· Make espresso delightful with artful in presentation.
· Input order into P.O.S. system and ensure transmission of food orders is verified by Kitchen.
· Retrieve all food and beverage items from grab & go area, barista, expediter and serves to guest.
· Serve coffee, tea, espresso drinks and other designated non-alcoholic beverages.
· Set and maintain grab & go.
· Assure on-going grab & go equipment cleaning maintenance.
· Assist in seating our guest.
· Assist with the expediting of our food.
· Assist with food running.
· Complete opening side duties to include but not limited to:
· Check quality and amount of all restaurant stock and supplies using checklist.
· Roll ups with napkins.
· Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to Restaurant.
· Set tables.
· Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service.
· Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
· Set up side station with supplies and equipment.
· Check station assignments and complete work to be done.
· Transport supplies from storeroom to the Restaurant and Lounge as assigned.
· Set up trash receptacles and breakdown area following departmental specifications.
· Stock condiments and supplies as laid down in departmental standards.
· Set up grab & go as laid down in departmental standards.
· Prepare beverage stations as assigned as laid down in departmental standards.
· Stock linen in restaurants.
· Stock and polish all side station wares to the stated levels required for business.
· Attend Pre-Meal meeting.
· Maintain complete knowledge of:
· Table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the Restaurant.
· All liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the restaurant.
· The particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
· All menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation.
· P.O.S. and manual systems.
· Make all varieties of coffee, tea and espresso drinks.
· Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dishwashing area.
· Clean and reset tables immediately after guest departs.
· Complete closing side duties to include but not limited to:
· Properly breakdown and store all reusable goods.
· Clean all equipment.
· Restock items for next service.
· Marry and stock all condiments.
· Reset tables for next meal period.
· Properly store all reusable goods.
· Breakdown all food stations.
· Breakdown all beverage stations.
· Transport all dirty linen to receiving dock.
· Secure all supplies at shift end.
· Performs additional side work duties as assigned.
· Refill water, coffee and tea to all guests.
· Transport tray from restaurant to breakdown area; and separate wares and food.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness of work area.
· Refill non-alcoholic beverages according to procedures.
· Bus, clean and reset tables according to standards.
· Stock and/or restock all service stations and grab & go as needed.
· Breakdown trays.
· Replenish wares in side stations throughout shift.
· Clean coffee machine and other beverage equipment as assigned.
· Assist in additional service of food and beverage as assigned.
· Answers the telephone.
· Participate in ongoing training and meetings.
· Escort arriving guests to their table.
· Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation and proper table set ups.
· Attend menu and wine tastings as scheduled.
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
· Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
· Present guest checks and process payments in accordance with Hotel standards.
· Complete all closing reports as assigned and leave duty after reporting to Supervisor.
· Other Duties
· Adhere to departmental policies and procedures.
· Effectively communicate with peers, management, line and front of the house employees.
· Practice effective listening: (seek to understand)
· Perform related duties as required.
· Subscribe to proper grooming, dress and uniform standards as set forth by Company policy.
· Be courteous to all guests and coworkers.
· Maintain behavior consistent with sexual harassment/hostile work environment policy dictated in the Employee Handbook.
· Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
· High school education required
· Prior food and beverage experience preferred
· At least six months customer service experience preferred
· Washington State Food handlers permit
· Strong organizational and time management discipline.
· Understanding of hospitality operating systems.
· Ability to adapt to changing guest needs.
· Good food service knowledge.
· Knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
· Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items.
· Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the public.
· Ability to develop an effective working relationship with fellow employees and supervisors.
· Previous food service experience required.
· Strong attention to detail and overall flow of the banquet space.
· Adhere to uniform standards
· Must have good understanding of the English language and able have good communication skills both written and verbal.
· Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy while providing excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
· A clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
· Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team with minimal supervision.
· Able to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data, ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
· Flexible work schedule and able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 lbs at shoulder height and push/pull up to 75 lbs
· Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently; squeezing and overhead reaching occasionally
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
To comply with Federal law, Red Lion Hotel Seattle participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is the electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify newly hired employees’ identity and employment eligibility.
Destination Seattle Management (Red Lion Hotel Seattle) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, veteran's status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Destination Hotels & Resorts - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard