Job Summary: Provides customers with prompt, friendly service while sharing information about our products and promotions. Ensures each customer receives quality beverages and products. Contributes to the company’s success through the achievement of our customer service and operating standards.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets every customer in a friendly manner.
- Works to create customer loyalty through individualized service.
- Effectively assesses customers’ needs and appropriately suggests products.
- Works to build business and meet sales goals.
- Offers customers opportunities to interact with products.
- Works to satisfy every customer; meets challenges with a can-do approach.
- Thanks customers and invites them back.
- Adheres to food temperature requirements, including hot and cold holding specifications. Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market’s quality expectations.
- Follows all policies and procedures without fail.
- Achieves standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing all products.
- Adheres to standards of cleanliness, and performs cleaning tasks as required.
- Follows company expectations with regard to attendance, communication, professionalism and dress guidelines/grooming standards.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Adheres to cash handling procedures and cash register policies.
- Follows inventory and loss prevention guidelines.
- Works to meet sales goals through customer education on products and promotions.
- Works efficiently and does not expend products or resources needlessly.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum one year experience preparing coffee drinks in a high volume coffee shop preferred.
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Proven cash handling skills preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Able to work flexible shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Exemplary attendance record.
- Proven experience multi-tasking and completing projects with conflicting deadlines on time.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Proven ability to follow directions and apply feedback.
- Consistently exhibits professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrates an attention to detail.
Metropolitan Market - 17 months ago