Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is located on Florida’s Emerald Coast between Pensacola and Panama City, eight miles east of Destin. The 2,400-acre Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is the premier destination in Northwest Florida.
The magic of Sandestin begins with our staff. Whether you are thinking of changing careers or you have heard our name and want to find out what the buzz is all about, we just might have the perfect opportunity in our resort’s job openings for you to excel in the hospitality industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Delivers exceptional customer service to all customers and models customer service methods and approaches for shift team. Greets and welcomes customers, discovers and responds to customer needs. Appropriately suggests music products to enhance service and meet sales goals. Educates customers about music offerings and creates opportunities for customers to listen to music selections; suggests music products. Follows up with shift team to ensure the effective delivery of customer service.
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Directs partners to various work stations or to perform tasks, ensuring that service and operational needs are met. Follows company policies in assigning and carrying out operational tasks; communicates operational standards to shift team. Organizes and performs opening and closing duties as assigned. Assists in shift scheduling. Successfully completes delegated duties.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Provides feedback to store manager on partner performance during shift. Recognizes and reinforces individual accomplishments. Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed. Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing partner issues and changes in morale and communicating them to the store manager.
- Utilizes and directs others to use operational tools to achieve operational excellence during the shift. Conducts cash management tasks and cash register transactions; ensures that proper cash management practices are followed by shift team. Stocks, merchandizes, rotates, and stores inventory according to guidelines. Performs accounting and banking tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer service experience in a retail environment (1 year)
Certificates, Licenses, Registration and Training Requirements
- Ability to direct the work of others
- Ability to learn quickly
- Effective oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the retail environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to use POS systems such as Info Genesis
- Capable of earning certification as a safe food handler and also certification as a responsible beverage vendor
- Basic computer skills required
- Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort New Hire Orientation
- Departmental Training and Certification
- Employee Orientation Part II
- Safety Training
- Standards of Business Conduct
- Valid driver’s license that has been in effect for at least three years, with no major violations and no more than two minor violations in the past three years.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This position does not require travel as a component of the job.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Sandestin - 13 months ago