A Talisker Mountain Destination
At Canyons Resort, proud winner of the 2011 & 2012 Utah's Best Places to Work award , you’re not just an employee, you’re a Guide. As such a Guide, you have the opportunity to create extraordinary experiences for our guests and as a company, we can say without a doubt that we value our Guides above all else.
We’ve added lifts, new amenities and ski terrain – encompassing one of the largest mountain resort developments in North America. The one thing we haven’t changed is our respect for each other and our authenticity. We are known for our friendliness because we genuinely like creating extraordinary experiences for our guests.
If you're ready to be part of something big and believe you can make a difference for our guests, we might be the right fit for you.
This is the job for you, if…
You enjoy helping people and can take action on the spot .
You excel in a fast pace environment .
You want to be held accountable to the highest standard of work .
You enjoy working with a fun and enthusiastic team on a daily basis.
If you answered YES to all of the above, please keep reading!
JOB TITLE: BARISTA
LOCATION: FIRST TRACKS CAFÉ
STATUS: FULL TIME YEAR ROUND
Providing guests with prompt enthusiastic service and quality beverages and products.
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Follow The Resort’s etiquette guidelines.
- Take orders for food and/or beverage and serve to guests.
- Prepares beverages to standards.
- Clean and clear tables.
- Clean and neaten service stations and other work areas.
- Perform routine food preparation tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to multi-task between food service and barista responsibilities.
- Provides quality beverages consistently for all customers.
- Discover customer needs and appropriately suggests product to enhance service.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products and areas.
- Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with the duty rosters and cleaning standards.
- Presents oneself professionally and demonstrates clear communication with customer’s and team members.
- Takes initiative to learn and improve position.
Reports to Banquets Director
Supervision is received from the First Tracks Supervisor.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry heavy objects.
- High School education desirable, plus one year of relevant experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Previous food service experience.
- Previous barista experience.
- Good personal hygiene and neat appearance.
- Ability to perform job duties. Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to deal with customers courteously and efficiently.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
The Canyons - 10 months ago