The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is the ideal social gathering place. Our skillful baristas will craft your coffee, tea or ice blended beverage to perfection on every visit so you can enjoy the full Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Experience.
We produce the top 1% of the specialty coffees and fine teas for our drinks ... and we are just as selective with our Team Members. We take pride in knowing that we "hire for character and train for skills."
The Barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He or she is also responsible for educating customers about our premium coffees and teas. The Barista will fulfill any other duties the General Manager, Assistant General Manager or Shift Supervisor assigns and will represent the Area Developer in a professional manner.
The Barista/Bar Associate is responsible for maintaining the key business areas listed:
• Sells and serves products to customers in a courteous and
• Participates in all sales promotions effectively and efficiently.
• Safely handles all hot and cold drinks during drink preparation.
• Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly
• Reports all customer complaints to manager on duty.
• Responds pro-actively to prevent customer service situations.
• Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back
change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including
but not limited to giving store greeting, directions to store
location, receiving and filling customer orders.
• Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation,
etc., in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Weighs, grinds and packs coffee per customers’ orders according
to company guidelines.
• Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to
• Maintains efficient, friendly service standards.
• Restocks shelves when necessary.
• Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows and grinders, take
out trash, etc.
• Assists in the distribution of shipments.
• Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
• Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty.
• Informs the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
• Perpetuates Area Developer philosophy and culture.
• Maintains a high level of motivation to ensure quality and
• Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and
• Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
• Follows all company drink recipes and procedures.
• Passes monthly re-certifications, in a timely manner.
• Assists in maintaining a clean, well-merchandised store.
• Assists in following visual presentation plans and standards.
• Able to train new baristas.
• Runs errands, when needed.
• Works special events, as needed.
• Maintains positive company morale.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
• Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel
objects, reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly required to lift and / or move items up to 25 pounds.
• Vision requirements: Close vision, distance vision and ability to
adjust and focus.
• Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.
• Experience in retail / specialty store or food establishment
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Well organized and detail oriented.
• Register and cash handling experience.
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
Turnberry Associates - 19 months ago
- 15 days ago
The Grand Beach Hotel, Surfside
The Grand Beach Hotel, Surfside
- 1 day ago
Barista Part Time - Starbuck's
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc
Fort Lauderdale, FL
- 2 days ago
Turnberry Associates tries to turn real estate into gold. The company develops and manages commercial and residential real estate, primarily...