Fort Irwin is a world class training center for America's Soldiers. Fort Irwin is located approximately 37 miles NE of Barstow, California, in the High Mojave Desert midway between Las Vegas, Nevada, and Los Angeles, California. https://www.irwin.army.mil
These positions are located at the Shockwave facility.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Operates a full-service bar, mixing and serving the full range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Assists customers by discussing beverages available, their contents and mixing special drinks according to customer direction. Records sales, makes change or prepares charge slips in accordance with operating procedures. Stocks bar. Keeps bar, utensils, equipment and work area clean and sanitary. Keeps records of quantities of beverages dispensed and submits requirement for re-stocking to supervisor. Receives and checks quantity and description of stock. Provide work direction for other employees in the bar area. Uses tact and courtesy to deny further sales to persons whose conduct has become unruly or who appear to be intoxicated.
Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Must meet state/local age requirements for the serving of alcoholic beverages at the time of appointment.
2. Be able to lift and carry weights up to 40 pounds.
3. Possess math skills necessary to calculate bills and take inventory.
4. Skill in mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
5. Ability to monitor and director the work of other bar staff.
6. Work experience as a full service bartender.
Work is performed without close supervision. Responsible for overall operation of the bar. Accountable for receipts and inventory.
Regularly lifts and carries items weighing up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 40 pounds. Stands for prolonged periods.
Work is primarily indoors. Exposed to cuts and bruises.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained.
4. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
7. Must be 21 years of age.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Knowledge and Skill in Bar Operations, Work/Technical Practices (including keeping things neat, clean and in order), Ability to interpret and follow instructions and Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment; and follow safety practices.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders. PCS Orders must be submitted with resume in order to be eligible for Spouse Employment Preference (SEP).
DD-214 must be submitted with resume in order to be eligible for Involuntary Separated Military Preference (ISMP).
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 22 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...