Fort Irwin is a world class training center for America's Soldiers. Fort Irwin is located approximately 37 miles NE of Barstow, California, in the High Mojave Desert midway between Las Vegas, Nevada, and Los Angeles, California. https://www.irwin.army.mil
These positions are located at the Sam Adams Grille.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Sets up bars for operation, obtains cash bank and stocks service bar. Assures an adequate stock level is maintained, sets up storeroom and work area to permit easy access to stock items. Prepares a limited variety of simple alcoholic beverages as requested by patrons and wait staff. Records sales and makes change or prepares charge slips. Keeps bar and work area clean and sanitary. Identifies persons who become unruly or who appear intoxicated, resolves the problem or seeks assistance in accordance with established procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Must meet state/local age requirements for the serving of alcohol at the time of appointment.
Be able to lift and carry weights up to 20 pounds.
Possess math skills necessary to calculate patron bills and take inventory.
Skill in mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Receives specific instructions for new or unusual assignments. Routine work is performed without close supervision.
Regularly lifts and carries items weighing up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 40 pounds. Stands for prolonged periods.
Work is primarily indoors. Exposed to cuts and bruises.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained.
4. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
7. Must be 21 years of age.
8. Pre-employment physical examination is required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Knowledge and skill in Bar Operations, and Safety and security measures.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders. PCS Orders must be submitted with resume in order to be eligible for Spouse Employment Preference (SEP).
DD-214 must be submitted with resume in order to be eligible for Involuntary Separated Military Preference (ISMP).
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...