The Bartender/Mixologist provides all guests at with an entertaining and enjoyable experience, through quality service, in the most efficient manner at all times in the preparation of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage orders according to specified recipes and standards.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
• Performs complete bar setup, including ice, garnish, glassware, etc.
• Welcomes and greets all customers in the bar in a courteous, helpful manner and by name.
• Ensures all customers have proper I.D. and are over 21 years of age.
• Follows alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and deals with intoxicated guests.
• Knows all drink recipes, wines by the glass, and menu and prices to effectively promote to guests.
• Performs duties in accordance with established company policies for drink size, recipe, and proper glassware.
• Mixes all orders for alcoholic beverages, using appropriate glassware / stemware.
• Maintains an individually issued bank of a pre-determined amount. Is responsible for all overage or shortage of cash.
• Assumes responsibility for guest checks, cash register procedures, and completion of daily sales reconciliation report.
• Completes assigned sidework and performs other duties as instructed by the Manager.
• Practices “clean as you go” techniques of service for the bar area.
• Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures • Maintains current knowledge of hotel culture, amenities,and services, events in the area, points of interest, and services in the area.
•vHigh school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
• Must have atleast 2 years of previous bartending experience.
• Must be able to be TIPS certified upon hiring.
• Must meet state minimum age for serving alcoholic beverages
• Requires knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits as well as their preparation and presentation keeping updated on new and revised beverage recipes
• Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
• Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers in English.
• Cash handling and customer service experience preferred
• Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
• Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
• Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
• Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. and work the majority of shift on feet. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We require consent to pre-employment drug testing for all positions.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts - 20 months ago