General Summary of Duties :|
Responsible for preparing & serving cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages for guests in a courteous and efficient manner; adhering to the Hotel Standards
Typical Physical/Mental Demands :
Requires mobility and prolonged standing. Bending and reaching to a height of eight feet. Transporting, pushing, pulling, and maneuvering items weighing up to thirty (30) pounds. Working at a height of four (4) feet. Normal sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound. Normal vision range. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letter, figures, symbols, and colors.
Typical Working Conditions :
Work may be performed in small areas having a three-foot access. Work entails chemical usage. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following) :
1. Take drink orders from guests and serve drinks.
2. Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks according to standard recipes.
3. Serve wine and draft or bottled beer.
4. Collect money for drinks served.
5. Adhere to the proper par stock ordering procedures.
6. Complete and oversee set-up and clearing of the bar area.
7. Monitor and train apprentices.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) :
Knowledge and use of flare bartending skills. Knowledge of all liquor laws and regulations concerning service of alcoholic beverages. Strong knowledge of wines and spirits. Ability to perform basic math skills. Ability to handle money and make correct change. Ability to read, write, and understand English. Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff. Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
High school education or equivalent.
Relevant experience in a high quality, high volume operation.
Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) required.
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- 2 years ago - save job