Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is a sophisticated luxury hotel and residences prominently located at the entrance of CityCenter, a magnificent urban resort destination at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Awarded the esteemed AAA Five Diamond Award rating and the coveted Forbes Five-Star award for our Hotel, Spa and Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, we offer spectacular accommodations, a relaxing Spa, fine-dining and legendary service .
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Retrieves completed food and/or beverage orders from kitchen or bar; confirms accuracy of order and delivers to guests with appropriate condiments. When serving beverages, abides by all state, federal and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explain if necessary any specials and/or bar promotions
- Records the details of the order from guests, repeating as necessary, to check for accuracy
- Preparing drinks in accordance with the guest's order
- Responsible for mixing drinks, serving drinks, serving food, cleaning bar, setting up and breaking down the bar
- Replenishes beverages as necessary and checks with guest for overall satisfaction
- Markets and serves upon request any dessert or specialty item
- Presents the check to the guest when asked and collects and processes payment
- Handle, process and settle all cash payment and transactions from bar and lounge
- Makes sure that all silver and glasses are wiped and spotless
- The Bartender maintains all bar environment and equipment clean and tidy, assists guests when they have questions about the menus/wine list/liquor and cocktails, and takes order from guests, anticipates guests' needs and addresses them accordingly.
- Enter all sales in POS without errors. Double check list of items before "sending". Print a new check after each additional order is entered.
- Make sure that all product served are accounted for on the final bill before presenting it
- Maintaining cleanliness of the bar area at all times and well stocked with supplies and beverages
- Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the management
- Understand and follow the laws and guidelines for beverage service
- Provide excellent service at all time to all of our guests
- Assist guests courteously and efficiently
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations
- Respond to all guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as requested when working in public areas.
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage in order to service and up sell our product, including liquors and cocktails
- Assist bar and lounge cocktail servers when necessary
- Attend all food and beverage training classes
- Following the posted opening and closing duties
- Attend daily pre meal/communication meeting
- Attend monthly department meeting
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Two years previous bartending experience in a luxury hotel setting required
- Extensive knowledge of beverage/mixology
- Nevada Bartender and TIPS certified
- Ability to work a flexible schedule consisting of am, pm, weekend and holiday shifts
- Work in a safe and prudent manner
- Wine and Liquor knowledge
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Have knowledge of food and preparation
- Have an excellent knowledge of mixed drinks and cocktails
- Be able to relate to all levels of guests and management.
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Maintain a clean and healthy personal hygiene and grooming.
- Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest
- Have the ability to handle guest requests in a detailed manner
Mandarin Oriental - 16 months ago