The Ocean Plaza Beach Resort is located on Tybee Island, Georgia, just steps away from miles of white sandy beaches, rolling sand dunes, and the Atlantic Ocean. This resort hotel features 205 guest rooms and suites, an award winning oceanfront restaurant & bar, a full service conference center, and two swimming pools. Tybee Island is a world of sun, sand, and surf that exists 20 minutes East of Historic Downtown Savannah on U.S. Highway 80, secluded from the rest of the world by picturesque Romerly Marsh. Tybee Island was recently designated the “Healthiest Beach in the United States” by Health Magazine. It was also voted “Best Beach Destination” by readers of Georgia Magazine. For more information on the Ocean Plaza Resort please visit www.oceanplaza.com .
Cheerfully and courteously greets customers and takes their beverage and food orders, retrieves and serves orders to customers according to quality service specifications. Collects payments. Performs opening and closing side duties. Assists in the maintenance and cleanliness of the bar area and related food and beverage service equipment. Ensures that no one under the age of 21 is served alcoholic beverages.
1. Must be High School graduate or possess GED equivalent certificate.
2. Must have 5 years minimum experience elsewhere as a Bartender.
3. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
4. Must have ability to courteously present information to people in one-on-one and group situations.
5. Must have ability to apply common sense and understanding and to follow policies, procedures, and instructions.
6. Must have patience and the ability to deal with problems involving several variables in changing situations.
7. Must be proud of their work and pay careful attention to details.
8. Must be mature and able to work on own with minimal supervision. Must be a self-starter.
Must possess ability to:
-Regularly lift, move, and carry objects weighing 10 pounds or more.
-Perform various physical movements throughout the work areas.
-Reach 36 inches. Stoop, kneel, crouch, listen and hear. Use hands to manipulate and handle (for example, a kitchen knife).
-Remain standing and walking for 6-8 hours throughout work shift.
-Satisfactorily participate in conversations with guests, management and co-workers.
-See with eyes up close and at a distance.
-Withstand a work environment that can become hot and loud at times.
-Safely handle knives, kitchen equipment, and chemicals.
Ocean Plaza Beach Resort - 18 months ago
Ocean Plaza is operated via a management contract with Tybee Island Management Company, LLC.