To be an ambassador for PUBLIC Chicago and the Pump Room by meeting, and hopefully exceeding, the company core objectives and values.
To be fully accountable for the people, product and profit within the hotel.
To deliver excellence in customer service, remember that service matters most.
To ensure the company culture is visible in all aspects of the business.
- Ensure that company reporting systems are adhered to.
- Ensure all hotel and restaurant policies, standards and local laws are followed.
- Performs accurate cash/credit handling and POS procedures in accordance with PUBLIC Chicago policies
- Ensure sanitation fundamentals that are set forth by PUBLIC Chicago, local, state and federal regulations are in compliance
- Think and act like an owner
- Behave at all times based on a customer responsive culture where exceptional customer service prevails.
- Ambassador and protector of the brand. Keeper of the brand and the company culture is carried at all levels of the company in the back and front of the house areas.
- Attentive, Accountable and highly organized and has the ability to plan multiple activities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent phone skills, customer service oriented and proactive. Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
- Is Friendly, engaging, gracious, has the ability to focus and connect with all guests at all levels and employees and exceed their expectations.
- Has an upbeat, energetic, authentic and professional attitude at all times.
- Participate in teamwork and assist other departments when needed.
- Directs the work of barbacks.
- To maintain and follow PUBLIC Chicago core values and operational core standards to ensure hotel is always well presented.
- Maintain a spotless, pristine work environment
- Ensure that all guests using the hotel facilities are completely satisfied and believe that they have received a tremendous value
- Ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all bar items prepared through production and demonstration
- Develops relationships with guests in order to provide personalized service.
- Resolve guest complaints, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible. Responds to guests’ requests in an accurate and timely manner, creating a positive outcome that will result in a memorable experience.
- Develop and create cocktails, and values local, artisan indigenous offerings
- Develop pairings with wine, beer and cocktails to compliment the menu
- Develop relationships with potential guests in an effort to increase sales
- Maintain, or preferable, exceed sales goals
- Undertake regular internal inspections to ensure company’s assets are well maintained and protected.
- Expert in bar and restaurant operations and excellent knowledge of all departments internally.
- Protect the name of the hotel and PUBLIC Chicago and ensure that no actions are taken within, or in the name of, the hotel that could bring the PUBLIC Chicago into disrepute.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and wellbeing of employees, hotel guests and property. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency of safety situations.
- Assure the proper handling of VIPs. Protect their privacy and confidentiality.
- Ensuring compliance to all hotel policies and procedures at all levels.
- Maintains an innovative technical expertise through attendance of professional meetings and review of current literature and trends.
- All other responsibilities assigned by Management.
The Educational Requirements:
- Computer literacy to include: Micros
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
The Work Environment:
- Standard restaurant setting
PUBLIC - 16 months ago