JOB TITLE: Bartender/Server
WORK AREA: Clubhouse
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Beverage Manager
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Hourly, Non-Exempt
UPDATED: July 2007
JOB SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Bartender is to provide our members and guests with quality drinks and beverages, accompanied by attentive and gracious service. The professional Bartender will be thoroughly familiar with beverage products, table service, proper merchandising and sales techniques.
- Provides food and beverage service to members and guests, ensuring quality service.
- Responsible for taking food and drink orders, and ensuring guests needs are met at all times.
- Uses accurate measurements, prepares and serves drinks to members and guests.
- Registers beverage and food related transactions according to procedures set up by management.
- Responsible for receiving, issuing and keeping necessary records of liquor and supplies.
- Builds relationships by greeting members with a warm, friendly verbal greeting.
- Anticipates needs and provides fast, flawless service.
- Keeps assigned area neat and orderly, to include keeping all ashtrays clean, bar area wiped down, tables wiped down, and making sure all used glassware is cleaned.
- Communicates with management any areas in need of special attention to better facilitate quality service.
- Assists Beverage Manager with promotional sales/ideas.
- Verifies receipts ensuring accuracy.
- Completes assigned side work and accurate daily reports/banks.
- Cross-trains as a Server taking members’/guests’ orders, places orders with kitchen, assembles food on tray, removes soiled dishes, suggests and serves dessert, coffee and other dinner drinks.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum one-year previous bartending experience.
- Previous bar porter skills preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort and Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort are two luxurious, Spanish-Mediterranean-designed, all-suite...