The purpose of this position is to provide systems analyst functions for the Baseball Operations department’s statistical & technology-related initiatives.
Primary (Essential) Duties:
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Oversee the in-house technological efforts associated with the development of Diamondbacks’ new internal player evaluation application.
- Daily maintenance and continued development of internal applications
- Development and on-going adjustment of proprietary statistics and systems
- Understand internal baseball processes in order to develop functional requirements (specifications) for outside vendors and application developers—includes requirements, system impact, data flow diagrams special considerations, etc.
- Must have a good understanding of the back-end data structures in order to make sure any front-end Tool/Application changes will meet the needs of Baseball Operations
- Identify and diagnose data quality issues and provide recommendations
- Translate unstructured baseball data into valuable analytical information
- Maintain and expand upon the current Baseball Operations analytical strategy including developing and supporting new reports, dashboards, and data integrations
- Develop and support ETL mappings, procedures, schedules etc. This includes the integration of multiple data sources (internal and key 3rd party external data sources) into a single data repository
- Provide data management expertise to the Baseball Operations team by evaluating requirements and developing solution design proposals
- Troubleshoot and resolve data/ system/application issues
- Discuss technical issues with the software and hardware vendors
- Continue to advance the department’s use of technology and analytics
- Additional duties as assigned by Asst. GM
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing, Data Modeling and Reporting
- Experience with creating and understanding SQL concepts
- ETL knowledge is a plus
- Previous experience working with Microsoft products preferred
- Database system knowledge and proficient SQL skills.
- Experience in the use of the Microsoft SQL Server Platform tools (Integration Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services) is a plus.
- Logical and Physical Data modeling experience using data modeling tools.
- Relational and Data Warehousing design and development.
- SQL Server Database Administration skills, including performance and query tuning, debugging.
- Candidate should have strong communication, organization, project management, and problem solving skills
- Experience architecting KPI’s and Performance Management solutions for Baseball Operations users.
- Strong customer facing skills and ability to manage multiple challenging projects simultaneously
- Ability to interact professionally with all branches of Baseball Operations department in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
BA or BS degree in CS, IS, or an Engineering/Technical Major
A minimum of 5 years professional experience in a technical role
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Arizona Diamondbacks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.