Job Description: Employee is required to bathe assigned residents per bathing schedule.
Accountability: The bath aide reports to the charge nurse.
Equipment used: Various medical equipment and machines.
Duties and Responsibilities: The employee must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations. Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position.
1. Responsible for giving at least the minimum number of baths/showers to residents as defined by federal/state regulations on assigned unit.
2. In event of absence, other than approved vacation time, the bath aide is responsible for ensuring that all missed baths have been given. This may entail that employee work on an unscheduled day to make up those baths.
3. Weekly bath audits will be completed and turned in to the project nurse or Director of Nursing.
4. The bath aide will communicate any resident skin issues with charge nurse.
5. The bath aide will bathe all body parts, clean/trim fingernails and toenails. The charge nurse will provide toenail care of those residents that are diabetic and/or have thick, fungal toenails. The bath aide will shampoo hair and trim facial hair on women.
6. Chemicals will be kept locked up when unattended. This includes shampoos, shower gels, soaps, etc.
7. Assist residents with feeding when not giving baths.
8. Assist on the floor when baths are completed.
9. May be required to document and/or report information regarding residents as instructed.
10. Assures personal and staff compliance to all State and Federal requirements including but not limited to blood borne pathogens, hazardous materials, infection control and fire safety.
11. Assures personal and staff compliance to resident’s rights.
Primary Physical Requirements:
Lift up 10 lbs: Constantly
Lift 11 to 25 lbs: Constantly
Lift 26 to 50 lbs: Frequently
Lift over 50 lbs: Frequently
Carry up to 10 lbs: Constantly
Carry 11 to 26 lbs: Constantly
Carry 26 to 50 lbs: Frequently
Carry over 50 lbs: Frequently
Reach above shoulder height: Frequently
Reach at shoulder height: Constantly
Reach below shoulder height: Constantly
Controls & Equipment: Various medical equipment and machines.
Other Physical Considerations:
Twisting: Not required
Crawling: Not required
Kneeling: Not Required
Crouching: Not required
Climbing: Not required
Balancing: Not required
During a 10-hour day, employee is required to:
Consecutive Hours Total Hours
Sit 1 1
Stand 1 5
Walk 2 4
Cognitive and Sensory Requirements:
Tasting & Smelling: Required
Access to Personal Health Information: Requires access to limited personal health information on an as-needed basis.
Licensure/Certification Requirements: State certification or completion of the 40-hour check list and final certification within three months of hiring. Acceptable standing with the Nurse Aide Registry as applicable.
Other Training, Skills, and Experience Requirements: Employee must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and other departments.
Summary of Occupational Exposures:
Blood borne pathogens:
Tasks and procedures performed by employee involve risks classified by CDC as:
Category I (Direct contact with blood or other bodily fluids to which universal precautions apply)
Specific Task Exposure:
General Resident Care: Blood, urine, feces, vomitus, wound exudates, semen/vaginal secretions, other body fluids- cerebrospinal, synovial, pleaural, peritoneal, pericardial, amniotic;
Handling Soiled Linens and Clothing: Blood, urine, feces, vomitus, wound exudates, semen/vaginal secretions, other body fluids- cerebrospinal, synovial, pleaural, peritoneal, pericardial, amniotic;
Cleaning Resident Rooms and Common Areas- Blood, urine, feces, vomitus, wound exudates, semen/vaginal secretions.
Refer to Exposure Control Plan for additional information.
Other Considerations and Requirements: Employee may be asked to perform other duties not listed above. Such duties will be within the scope of the employee’s training and ability. The employer reserves the right to modify this job description based upon the company needs.
Midwest Health Management - 17 months ago